Why the Wii U will dominate: Nextbox wont play used games.PS4 will cost too much

#1Sharky8Posted 2/14/2013 12:04:56 PM(edited)
The next XBox will not play used games, won't play hard copy games, will always require the internet to be on, etc.

The PS4 will cost at least $426 (Yen to Dollar conversion), probably more.

Meanwhile, the Wii U will already have a 6 month-1 year head start with at least some good games available, AND it will be able to play used Wii games AND your friend's copy of a Wii U game, AND the PS4 will cost at least $75 MORE than the Wii U (probably even more, actually, because the Wii U will probably get a small price cut by the holidays).

Once again, Nintendo will dominate, and it will be helped by Microsoft's and Sony's dumb restrictive gaming moves and high prices.
#2InnerscopePosted 2/14/2013 12:03:05 PM
"I can predict the future!"
---
Crappiest quote of the year:
"you must be tired kupo.. you need a trollcation..." -VanilleHopen
#3atma6Posted 2/14/2013 12:03:56 PM
Why the Wii U will dominate: A treatise on speculation and unconfirmed facts.
---
Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer
http://mistranslationformg.blogspot.com/
#4OMG_AIDSPosted 2/14/2013 12:06:57 PM
I love my WiiU and Nintendo but your claims are based off nothing but rumors and speculation. Don't be that guy.
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper
#5SlimeSwayzePosted 2/14/2013 12:07:18 PM
The more I look at Microsoft's strategy, the less I see gaming as a part of their plan with the X-Box brand. I think the next one will be far more on a media machine and advertising revenue box. I played my 360 more than any other console this gen, but I've also watched MS make the transition away from gaming as its main focus. Look no further than the evolution (or devolution) of the dashboard for evidence of where their priorities are. I'd like to get the next Sony system, but no BC equals no buy for me. I have a ton of PSN content, and if it doesn't transfer, I'm just sticking to the Wii U and PC for new games.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#6MichaelDeAngeloPosted 2/14/2013 12:10:45 PM
Potentially why the Wii U has a good advantage during the next few years:

Rumor has it that the upcoming competitors consoles are financially prohibitive, and are lacking in that they may not allow you to play used games, or deliver backwards compatibility.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#7trenkenPosted 2/14/2013 12:12:18 PM
If Nintendrones werent bad enough before, now they believe rumors and can even travel through time!!!!
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#8trenkenPosted 2/14/2013 12:16:23 PM
OMG_AIDS posted...
I love my WiiU and Nintendo but your claims are based off nothing but rumors and speculation. Don't be that guy.

As you can see, there are a lot of those guys here. Trying to make themselves feel better about that $300 they spent.

Well if you need to wish ill will towards competition which is the VERY THING that pushes Nintendo to try harder, then you clearly are not secure enough in what the U can do, trying to make up reasons why it will succeed.

In fact, if Sony and MS dont do well, that is actually BAD for all of us, because if Nintendo wasnt lazy enough now when everything is on the line, imagine how awful this will be if they dominate. They will think pumping out lame generic NSMB games is more than enough to win.

Common sense people. Competition is fantastic and necessary for the survival and quality of these systems. Its the only motivation to try harder.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#9shinra35800Posted 2/14/2013 12:20:07 PM
Since wii u wont play gamecube games, I'm gonna wait for the wii after wii u because I'm just gonna go ahead and say that it will probably play wiiu games and wii3 games. That way I'll have just 2 systems instead of 3.
#10PrismsbladePosted 2/14/2013 12:22:02 PM
trenken posted...
OMG_AIDS posted...

As you can see, there are a lot of those guys here. Trying to make themselves feel better about that $300 they spent.

Well if you need to wish ill will towards competition which is the VERY THING that pushes Nintendo to try harder, then you clearly are not secure enough in what the U can do, trying to make up reasons why it will succeed.

In fact, if Sony and MS dont do well, that is actually BAD for all of us, because if Nintendo wasnt lazy enough now when everything is on the line, imagine how awful this will be if they dominate. They will think pumping out lame generic NSMB games is more than enough to win.

Common sense people. Competition is fantastic and necessary for the survival and quality of these systems. Its the only motivation to try harder.

Not the consumers fault if Sony/Microsoft suv their dumb practices like the rumors say, and push their would be buyers away by doing such actions.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.