Why the Wii U will dominate: Nextbox wont play used games.PS4 will cost too much

#11trenkenPosted 2/14/2013 11:23:20 AM
shinra35800 posted...
Since wii u wont play gamecube games, I'm gonna wait for the wii after wii u because I'm just gonna go ahead and say that it will probably play wiiu games and wii3 games. That way I'll have just 2 systems instead of 3.

If they make a 3rd Wii Ill puke. They wont anyway. This is it for this Wii concept. I seriously doubt the next system will be based around all these gimmicks and motion controls once people are completely bored of it.

NES/SNES
N64/GC
Wii/U

GB/GBC
GBA/SP
DS/3DS

Patterns are fun.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#12trenkenPosted 2/14/2013 11:27:02 AM
Prismsblade posted...
trenken posted...
OMG_AIDS posted...
I love my WiiU and Nintendo but your claims are based off nothing but rumors and speculation. Don't be that guy.

As you can see, there are a lot of those guys here. Trying to make themselves feel better about that $300 they spent.

Well if you need to wish ill will towards competition which is the VERY THING that pushes Nintendo to try harder, then you clearly are not secure enough in what the U can do, trying to make up reasons why it will succeed.

In fact, if Sony and MS dont do well, that is actually BAD for all of us, because if Nintendo wasnt lazy enough now when everything is on the line, imagine how awful this will be if they dominate. They will think pumping out lame generic NSMB games is more than enough to win.

Common sense people. Competition is fantastic and necessary for the survival and quality of these systems. Its the only motivation to try harder.

Not the consumers fault if Sony/Microsoft suv their dumb practices like the rumors say, and push their would be buyers away by doing such actions.

Sony and MS fans arent going anywhere. They are waiting around for their next systems, and WILL buy them.

You think they are going to leave their hardcore games they love for a system still based on the motion controls that they hate, a gamepad without analog triggers (a big problem for racers and shooters)? Sony and MS will be fine. They have millions of fans that do nothing but bash Nintendo and their gimmicks all the time, and say things like the Wii is for little babies and soccer moms.

Sony and MS will be alive and kicking with their new systems, and thats a good thing for Nintendo fans. Means Nintendo will actually have to try to survive, which is awesome. I dont want them getting comfortable.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#13PSOLavisPosted 2/14/2013 11:27:22 AM
ITT: posting rumours as facts and pretending like the ability to see the future is real.
#14Rasputin77Posted 2/14/2013 11:30:05 AM
Oh, honey. :(

**pats TC on head**
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#15PrismsbladePosted 2/14/2013 11:36:34 AM
trenken posted...
Prismsblade posted...
trenken posted...
OMG_AIDS posted...
I love my WiiU and Nintendo but your claims are based off nothing but rumors and speculation. Don't be that guy.

As you can see, there are a lot of those guys here. Trying to make themselves feel better about that $300 they spent.

Well if you need to wish ill will towards competition which is the VERY THING that pushes Nintendo to try harder, then you clearly are not secure enough in what the U can do, trying to make up reasons why it will succeed.

In fact, if Sony and MS dont do well, that is actually BAD for all of us, because if Nintendo wasnt lazy enough now when everything is on the line, imagine how awful this will be if they dominate. They will think pumping out lame generic NSMB games is more than enough to win.

Common sense people. Competition is fantastic and necessary for the survival and quality of these systems. Its the only motivation to try harder.

Not the consumers fault if Sony/Microsoft suv their dumb practices like the rumors say, and push their would be buyers away by doing such actions.

Sony and MS fans arent going anywhere. They are waiting around for their next systems, and WILL buy them.

You think they are going to leave their hardcore games they love for a system still based on the motion controls that they hate, a gamepad without analog triggers (a big problem for racers and shooters)? Sony and MS will be fine. They have millions of fans that do nothing but bash Nintendo and their gimmicks all the time, and say things like the Wii is for little babies and soccer moms.

Sony and MS will be alive and kicking with their new systems, and thats a good thing for Nintendo fans. Means Nintendo will actually have to try to survive, which is awesome. I dont want them getting comfortable.

Fanboys wont care, but casual gamers(the majority) on the other hand who cant afford, or arent willing to buy games at full retail price will actually be quite annoyed at this practice, which will push them away.

Also the wii u does have an ordinary controller for racers, and shooters. Lastly their is profit to be made catering to the children, and soccer moms, as nintendo has proven this gen, because of so in their eyes, them as consumers are just as important to them as any adult, or hardcore gamer.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#16Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 11:39:25 AM
These rumors will very likely turn out to be true. First, Sony will announce the details of the PS4 pretty soon.

Next, Microsoft will announce details about their consoles. These rumors, as reported by reputable sources like IGN, will turn out to be true.

In the meantime, I have to ask, how come so many Sony and Microsoft people read the Wii U board? You guys don't have much going on right now, do you? No games to play? No new system? I know it sucks, but you can find better things to do than troll the Wii U board.
#17shinra35800Posted 2/14/2013 11:39:47 AM
trenken posted...
shinra35800 posted...
Since wii u wont play gamecube games, I'm gonna wait for the wii after wii u because I'm just gonna go ahead and say that it will probably play wiiu games and wii3 games. That way I'll have just 2 systems instead of 3.

If they make a 3rd Wii Ill puke. They wont anyway. This is it for this Wii concept. I seriously doubt the next system will be based around all these gimmicks and motion controls once people are completely bored of it.

NES/SNES
N64/GC
Wii/U

GB/GBC
GBA/SP
DS/3DS

Patterns are fun.

More like:
NES/SNES/N64 - cartridge
GC/WII/WIIU - disc
GB/GBC/GBA - handheld single
SP/DS/3DS - handheld dual

I doubt they'll strive away from motion control. Even so now that everyone else is copying and it is a form of anti-piracy but isn't working because ppl have already figured ways to use peripherals on pc. Nintendo has been on the motion control and 3D bit since NES.
#18HungtotheoverPosted 2/14/2013 11:55:59 AM
Calm down caveman
---
Big racks are awesome....................................more space for games. -gamefaqs
#19PraetorXynPosted 2/14/2013 12:44:10 PM
The whole used games argument just baffles me; simple because of how much people are willing to pay for console games period, used or not.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/65445045

It doesn't matter if you build a nice PC that costs $1000-1200 when you can get 50 games on steam for like $100. You can buy a $400 360 (what it cost when it launched) and 10 $60 games and BAM. "PC GAMING IS TOO EXPENSIVVVVVVVVVVVVE"
#20darkqueenhelbaPosted 2/14/2013 12:46:27 PM
Not sure how true the "not playing used games" is, but if it is that will hurt them tremendously.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!