I hope this DKCR port doesn't hurt the chances for a sequel on the Wii U.

#1ImGanondorfLolPosted 2/14/2013 1:35:21 PM
This news was very unexpected. Kinda cool, but very random. I really hope this isn't any indication that another Ninteno sub-series bas been downgraded to a handheld game. Donkey Kong Country Returns was very successful, nearing 6 million sales, it would be dumb not to continue this series on the console.
#2MathewMansonPosted 2/14/2013 2:00:51 PM
Why does Ganondorf care about Donkey Kong?
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#3KroganBallEaterPosted 2/14/2013 2:01:51 PM
It won't.

Just like WWHD won't effect MM3D, people are obviously confused when that kind of thing happens and I don't know why.
---
OMG Krogan!!!! That would hurt my precious little fanny!!!! LOL!!!!! - GamerGirlz after I told her to shove a stick of rhubarb up her fanny.
#4AaronPHughesPosted 2/14/2013 2:03:00 PM
DK came out 2 years ago whereas WW was 10
---
Systems Owned - 2600, 5200, NES, NES2, Gameboy, SNES, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, GBA, DS, DSLite, GBM, Wii, 360, 3DS, Wii U
#5SPDShadowRangerPosted 2/14/2013 2:07:04 PM
I hope it won't as well. I love that this is coming to 3DS as I'm more of a handheld gamer these days, but I would really love for a sequel.
#6DiscostewSMPosted 2/14/2013 2:07:43 PM
Would anyone else be saddened if Retro was working on this port? Not because they are porting it, but because this is what they've been working on.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#7KroganBallEaterPosted 2/14/2013 2:08:42 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Would anyone else be saddened if Retro was working on this port? Not because they are porting it, but because this is what they've been working on.

I don't know why they would need Ex-Naughty Dog members to help them.
---
OMG Krogan!!!! That would hurt my precious little fanny!!!! LOL!!!!! - GamerGirlz after I told her to shove a stick of rhubarb up her fanny.
#8ImGanondorfLol(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 1:11:50 AM
DiscostewSM posted...

I'm just wondering if Retro is working on another series, who the heck is going to make a sequel to Donkey Kong Country Returns? They seem like a small studio and I'm not sure if they can work on 2 big games at once. After the great reception and sales DKCR received would they really just pass it onto another developer or put the series on hold for who knows how long?
#9Thunderbird8Posted 2/15/2013 2:32:10 AM
Judging by the preview on the eShop, DKCR 3D is the same levels. So even if it is Retro working on it (which I figure it probably is), they probably don't have a very large staff working on it at all (it's said that Prime Trilogy had a barebones staff working on it while the rest of the team was working on DKCR).
#10ImGanondorfLol(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 3:07:39 AM
Thunderbird8 posted...
Judging by the preview on the eShop, DKCR 3D is the same levels. So even if it is Retro working on it (which I figure it probably is), they probably don't have a very large staff working on it at all (it's said that Prime Trilogy had a barebones staff working on it while the rest of the team was working on DKCR).

Barebones staff for the Trilogy on one CD or barebones staff developing each game in the series?