Once Monolith is done with X, should they work on a new EarthBound?

#1SegavsCapcomPosted 2/14/2013 6:03:56 PM
Xenoblade was great and X looks pretty good too. Should Monolith turn their attention to the Mother/EarthBound series next?
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#2Pokerkid777Posted 2/14/2013 6:06:31 PM
no the series is done and ended on a good note. No need to ruin it.
---
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!
#3ShadowSkill11Posted 2/14/2013 6:15:34 PM
The subject matter in Xenoblade was significantly toned down to make it a fit for the Wii audience from the stories in Xenosaga and Xenogears. I don't think they'd want to go full kiddy on another RPG.
#4DTY3Posted 2/14/2013 6:18:44 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
The subject matter in Xenoblade was significantly toned down to make it a fit for the Wii audience from the stories in Xenosaga and Xenogears. I don't think they'd want to go full kiddy on another RPG.

-_________-

Anyway Mother 3 is the perfect RPG. It'd be impossible to top it without just remaking it. *hinthint*
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#5XSilverPhoenixXPosted 2/14/2013 6:19:48 PM
I don't think there is anything special about X. The character looks like a beefed up render of Quest 64's character with it's smooth chibi face that lacks real detail.

Grow up Nintendo, not everything needs to be porcelain looking and kid approved.
#6DTY3Posted 2/14/2013 6:23:17 PM
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
I don't think there is anything special about X. The character looks like a beefed up render of Quest 64's character with it's smooth chibi face that lacks real detail.

Grow up Nintendo, not everything needs to be porcelain looking and kid approved.

wut.

Also Monolith is making the game. If Uncharted was "kiddy", you wouldnt blame Sony, now would you?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#7XSilverPhoenixXPosted 2/14/2013 6:27:22 PM
DTY3 posted...

wut.

Also Monolith is making the game. If Uncharted was "kiddy", you wouldnt blame Sony, now would you?

Monolith is making the game but it doesn't make it perfect. Xenogears may be a great game but it has plenty of flaws. Uncharted is a completely different genre and style of game, so that is a poor example.

Arguing that Nintendo has a mature market in mind is like saying gas is cheaper than ever.
#8NewbiusPosted 2/14/2013 6:28:31 PM
Xenobound
#9NewbiusPosted 2/14/2013 6:30:08 PM

By that logic then I guess the same can be said about every JRPG.
#10strongo9Posted 2/14/2013 6:30:54 PM
No. Why should a company that makes such large scale and beautiful action RPGs waste their talent on a game that they are leagues above in terms of quality?
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m