Why were people disappointed with today's ND?

#1140DribylfPosted 2/14/2013 8:30:37 PM
Guys, really?

The Wii U has been out for only 3 months. Getting a console at launch sucks. It always will suck. And after a year or so, it's awesome.

Stop saying "The state that the Wii U's in, it needs blah blah blah" No it doesn't. Pikmin 3 and the Wonderful 101 are coming out soon, be patient. I'm sure you have other things to do with your time. The Wii U will pick up speed by the fall, or even post-E3 guaranteed. Consoles always do a year after launch.

Sorry about that, had to mini-rant.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#12keniptionPosted 2/14/2013 8:35:48 PM
40Dribylf posted...
Guys, really?

The Wii U has been out for only 3 months. Getting a console at launch sucks. It always will suck. And after a year or so, it's awesome.

Stop saying "The state that the Wii U's in, it needs blah blah blah" No it doesn't. Pikmin 3 and the Wonderful 101 are coming out soon, be patient. I'm sure you have other things to do with your time. The Wii U will pick up speed by the fall, or even post-E3 guaranteed. Consoles always do a year after launch.

Sorry about that, had to mini-rant.

I never really get this though and this applies for all consoles.

I always wondered why they dropped Skyward sword for Wii and never had a version for Wii U or straight up made it a Wii U launch title. How about doing what they did for Twilight Princess?

GTA V has been said to have two versions from what I've been reading. A play it now on PS3/Xbox 360 version or wait for the graphically superior next gen launch version.
---
GT/PSN/Vita/Wii U/Steam/Raptr - Keniption
#1340DribylfPosted 2/14/2013 8:50:17 PM
keniption posted...
I never really get this though and this applies for all consoles.

I always wondered why they dropped Skyward sword for Wii and never had a version for Wii U or straight up made it a Wii U launch title. How about doing what they did for Twilight Princess?

GTA V has been said to have two versions from what I've been reading. A play it now on PS3/Xbox 360 version or wait for the graphically superior next gen launch version.

Twilight Princess was an odd case. One, they purposely delayed the Gamecube version by a couple of months and two, they literally used the same exact assets from Gamecube to Wii, just that the Wii version had ****ty widescreen support (the top and bottom were just chopped off) and it was mirrored. That's it. Almost no work.

Skyward Sword was supposed to be the Wii's swan song and the design of the game was very limited due to the Wii's architecture. It wouldn't have translated well to the Wii U, honestly, since it's a powerhouse boss compared to the Wii.

I have no clue about GTA5. Most likely it wont be ported, but you never know.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#14Virus66Posted 2/14/2013 9:58:20 PM
Mario & Luigi Dream Team alone was instant win, and new Mario Golf. I rarely play an RPG better than the M&L games so that really pumps me up. Plus, release date for Animal Crossing and several eshop releases like HarmoKnight and Dillon's Rolling Western.

All in all, it's just that people are either purely trolling or have impossible expectations to meet. I mean, Nintendo doesn't even have to tell us any of this...
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#15SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/14/2013 10:02:53 PM
MD1500 posted...
Exactly.

Nintendo announce a 3DS Direct.

"Waaa! Why didn't you show more Wii U stuff in the 3DS Direct?"

They said it was a 3DS and Wii U direct for NA. Stop failing at reading and you would stop failing at life. Maybe.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#16Virus66Posted 2/14/2013 10:31:27 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
MD1500 posted...
Exactly.

Nintendo announce a 3DS Direct.

"Waaa! Why didn't you show more Wii U stuff in the 3DS Direct?"

They said it was a 3DS and Wii U direct for NA. Stop failing at reading and you would stop failing at life. Maybe.

Depends on which part of the world you are in. Nintendo Europe specifically said this was a 3DS focused Direct. And maybe you need to chill the hell out and stop taking things so seriously on a website.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#17userfrigginamePosted 2/14/2013 10:38:41 PM
The only thing I'd actually care about on the 3DS (which I haven't bothered getting yet) is if they had all the Pokemon games so far available for it. I'd get a 3DS just for that, and be happy.
#18iKhanicPosted 2/14/2013 10:40:23 PM
We hardly got anything good regarding the 3DS. All they focused on was the Mario series, which is great and all, but we get enough of that series already.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US