Nintendo showed today their huge weakness in high definition game development

#31iKhanicPosted 2/14/2013 10:28:02 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
jjacobsnd5 posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
slyman19 posted...
Does the last ND not exist anymore?

What Wii U games were announced?

He means the last ND before today, the one that focused on Wii U and showed a few new Wii U games and some already announced ones.

And we only saw X looking good, and some 2D Yoshi yarn game. At E3 there'll only be SSB4 screenshots, not even a trailer. I want to see how long it takes for a truly ambitious Wii U game to actually be released by them

Just because you might not like it doesn't make it bad. I can't stand FPSs, so I wouldn't like Halo, but I'm not going to call it a bad game

Here is a list of what they announced at the Nintendo Direct:
Wii Party
New 3D Mario
New Mario Kart
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Zelda WW HD
Monolith Soft's X
Yoshi's Yarn

Plus we got updates on:
Wii Fit U
Wonderful 101
Lego City Undercover
Bayonetta 2
Pikmin 3
Game & Wario
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Zelda Wii U

If you ask me, that show tons of ability to develop HD games. Especially for a video that is only meant to update fans on what the company is up to.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#32kaliskonigPosted 2/14/2013 10:32:28 PM
Arcvalons posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Arcvalons posted...
I noticed this with Skyward Sword. The graphics were avarage and the game was by no means exceptional, outdone by Skyrim and Batman the same year, much bigger games that took less than half the time to develop then SS.

Skyrim took a almost a year after release to finally leave beta testing, heck, the PS3 version is just now getting DLC. Not a good comparison to Skyward Sword, which had no glitches (I never saw one in 60 hours of play) and never had framerate drops even in the most massive environments.

Batman was more polished, but still had frame rate issues and glitches. Nintendo polishes their games to perfection instead of waiting to patch them later on.

Rumours of glitches in Skyrim were greatly exaggerated. I played more than 300 hours the first month after release, and never found any glitches then.

Of course, I later found some, but still they are not as prevalent as people would make you think.

Lucky you. I had the ps3 version and that pos was glitching within the first hour. Couldn't even leave auto save on without it crashing...
#33Banjo2553Posted 2/14/2013 10:38:59 PM
So the announcement that they're making games on the WiiU on the last Direct suddenly doesn't exist anymore? Or do you require footage/screenshots for a game announcement to actually count?
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#34ArcvalonsPosted 2/14/2013 10:41:10 PM
kaliskonig posted...
Arcvalons posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Arcvalons posted...
I noticed this with Skyward Sword. The graphics were avarage and the game was by no means exceptional, outdone by Skyrim and Batman the same year, much bigger games that took less than half the time to develop then SS.

Skyrim took a almost a year after release to finally leave beta testing, heck, the PS3 version is just now getting DLC. Not a good comparison to Skyward Sword, which had no glitches (I never saw one in 60 hours of play) and never had framerate drops even in the most massive environments.

Batman was more polished, but still had frame rate issues and glitches. Nintendo polishes their games to perfection instead of waiting to patch them later on.

Rumours of glitches in Skyrim were greatly exaggerated. I played more than 300 hours the first month after release, and never found any glitches then.

Of course, I later found some, but still they are not as prevalent as people would make you think.

Lucky you. I had the ps3 version and that pos was glitching within the first hour. Couldn't even leave auto save on without it crashing...

Not luck. I just got the superior PC version.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pVqey.png
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato. If I remain a virgin until I reach 30 I become a wizard. - gamerTai.
#35The_King82Posted 2/14/2013 11:53:31 PM
To the top!
#36PendragoonPosted 2/14/2013 11:59:42 PM
Arcvalons posted...
kaliskonig posted...

Not luck. I just got the superior PC version.

So, you had the luxury of Command Prompts and user mods to get any patch you needed on day one.

I still remember all the glitches on day one that were patched by users, and they almost never added new glitches. Kinda sad that these so called pros who spent months bug testing are always out done by their fans in one day.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709