wii u sucks now, how would you fix nintendo?

#1FlyinTonitePosted 2/15/2013 12:00:47 AM
I cannot believe people would waste money on this. Ladies and gentleman, we have what is by far the worst system ever made. I mean, what effort did nintendo spend in designing this thing? Kick in the face for all us gamers who supported nintendo for all these years. Every topic I've read about wii u's specs has been lolworthy on just how bad the wii u is.

The thing is, people are surprised how crappy this thing is selling. Here we have a console, that has the same power as ps3/360 and it's selling worse. Even an idiot knows that if you release a weak console you better have games. We all know how much games helped the 3ds in comparison to the much more powerful vita. I'm not trying to be a troll. I just want to hear your opinions on what you think nintendo can do to turn this thing around. U gotta admit, it's hard to be a nintendo supporter nowadays. Every troll on here, while totally jerks, bring up valid points.

Valid to whom, though. Easy going folks? Really stupid people? Your mother? One cannot be certain. No matter what though, I will say that the points they make have some legitimacy to them.

Enough talk of specs and whatnot. Say you ran nintendo. How would you fix their predicament? Operate with a smaller team to make niche titles for other systems (going third party)? Use the wii u as a failed experiment and launch another console in 2014? Link the handheld and home console teams together and just make one console for the future instead of a handheld and a home console?

Do all these hypothetical matter? Time will tell, but nintendo needs to right the ship. Releasing new titles soon is pretty much necessary as when the next gen consoles are released nintendo will need a stronger foot hold. You can't survive on a crumb of a much larger pie. I think you'd need a big slice. Time will tell, but nintendo needs to do something fast.

Now, read the first letter of every sentence :). (excluding the N in Now)
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#2AhnoldDoodPosted 2/15/2013 12:05:46 AM
It saddens me how people think a new console being outsold by old ones is a bad thing, especially when the old ones are CHEAPER.
#3DifferentialEquationPosted 2/15/2013 12:09:59 AM
I don't think they can really turn this around. I mean, I don't think it will be a financial failure, but I don't think it will do any better than the Gamecube either.

I think what they should have done was make traditional console with a standard controller, and bundle in an improved Wiimote type controller with a Wii sports type game but treat it like an accessory like the NES Zapper instead of making it the main focus.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#4TheBonfiniPosted 2/15/2013 12:10:52 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
It saddens me how people think a new console being outsold by old ones is a bad thing, especially when the old ones are CHEAPER.

I know that the market has changed significantly, but it is because people are comparing Wii-U to how previous generations Nintendo consoles have sold.

You couldn't find Nintendo consoles in stock sometimes. It was THE console to own in some generations.

So I think people are comparing it to that. Why this saddens you is a personal issue I am not qualified to help you with, but there is some real perspective.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#5MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 2/15/2013 12:12:45 AM
Gamers have spoken. They will not be blinded by a console that is based around a gimmick. You wanna sell a console you better work on getting games for it Nintendo. Not trying to think of some new gimmick to push your product.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#6AhnoldDoodPosted 2/15/2013 12:13:15 AM
TheBonfini posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

I know that the market has changed significantly, but it is because people are comparing Wii-U to how previous generations Nintendo consoles have sold.

You couldn't find Nintendo consoles in stock sometimes. It was THE console to own in some generations.

So I think people are comparing it to that. Why this saddens you is a personal issue I am not qualified to help you with, but there is some real perspective.

Comparing the three month sales of a new console to 7+ year old consoles is an idiotic thing in general. In the latter consoles' starts, he PS2 outsold the Wii, the GBA outsold the DS
#7TheBonfiniPosted 2/15/2013 12:18:30 AM(edited)
AhnoldDood posted...
TheBonfini posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

Comparing the three month sales of a new console to 7+ year old consoles is an idiotic thing in general. In the latter consoles' starts, he PS2 outsold the Wii, the GBA outsold the DS

Ya, people should have curbed their expectations by now. It seems the days of Nintendo being in that position again are since past. That is good in the sense it is due to more competition and gaming growing in general, as opposed to crashing.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#8ADHDguitarPosted 2/15/2013 12:22:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/V2H9y.gif

But really, just be patient.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#9HammerBrozPosted 2/15/2013 12:25:30 AM
Makes more series. They made them left and right during the NES and SNES days and they could do it again.
#10ImGanondorfLolPosted 2/15/2013 12:40:21 AM
I don't get why the hell people are shocked that the Wii U isn't selling well, it has very few games worth buying right now.