It's about time Miyamoto lived up to being "The Spielberg of video games"

#11TruthPosted 2/15/2013 6:41:47 AM
I never understood why people say Miyamoto is the Spielberg of games. Sure, they both make childlike and fun entertainment, but there a vital difference people are missing.

Spielberg also directed very mature films such as Schindler's List (1993), Amistad (1997), Saving Private Ryan (1998), Minority Report (2002), Munich (2005), War Horse (2011) and Lincoln (2012). There are more others.

Where is the mature games Miyamoto has directed? Seriously, can you point at least one out to me? Don't even think about saying Zelda: Ocarina of Time as that game is not mature and was also mainly directed by Eiji Aonuma with Miyamoto only supervising.

Miyamoto needs to really live up to the whole "Spielberg of games" and direct something complex and mature for once. It's especially needed in this Call of Duty, Halo, Assassin's Creed and Skyrim loving era and with Wii U bombing worldwide.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#2YoyokuKOPosted 2/15/2013 6:48:02 AM
...spielberg has his spills

people are human
#3KAMMYqueenPosted 2/15/2013 6:49:04 AM
1Truth posted...
I never understood why people say Miyamoto is the Spielberg of games. Sure, they both make childlike and fun entertainment, but there a vital difference people are missing.

Spielberg also directed very mature films such as Schindler's List (1993), Amistad (1997), Saving Private Ryan (1998), Minority Report (2002), Munich (2005), War Horse (2011) and Lincoln (2012). There are more others.

Where is the mature games Miyamoto has directed? Seriously, can you point at least one out to me? Don't even think about saying Zelda: Ocarina of Time as that game is not mature and was also mainly directed by Eiji Aonuma with Miyamoto only supervising.

Miyamoto needs to really live up to the whole "Spielberg of games" and direct something complex and mature for once. It's especially needed in this Call of Duty, Halo, Assassin's Creed and Skyrim loving era and with Wii U bombing worldwide.

i guess he should just make a game about shooting people then
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa must be in Super Smash bros 4! For the People!
#4DinglesteedPosted 2/15/2013 6:59:17 AM
Why does it have to be mature? I'm 25 years old and still enjoy Pokemon, Smash Bros, Metroid, Star Fox, etc. more than I enjoy games like CoD and Halo.

Having bullets, bloodspray, and cursing is fine and dandy, but I see that as more of an immature thing nowadays. Just play some CoD with a headset, you will find quite a lot of high pitched voices there. They aren't trying to cater to older people (not saying mature here because there are plenty of 18+ year olds who act 14), they are actively targeting kids with that.
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, BF3, WoW, EVE Online, NHL 13
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#51Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:02:57 AM
KAMMYqueen posted...

No.

What I mean by mature is having mature themes but with the excellent gameplay mechanics Miyamoto is known for. How about a game set in Hiroshima after the Atomic bomb by the USA. You play as 10 year old that's trying to find his parents.

Heck, Miyamoto could even get a bomb survivor to pen the script or act as an adviser for it.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#6KAMMYqueenPosted 2/15/2013 7:05:16 AM
1Truth posted...
KAMMYqueen posted...

No.

What I mean by mature is having mature themes but with the excellent gameplay mechanics Miyamoto is known for. How about a game set in Hiroshima after the Atomic bomb by the USA. You play as 10 year old that's trying to find his parents.

Heck, Miyamoto could even get a bomb survivor to pen the script or act as an adviser for it.

and that is mature how?
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa must be in Super Smash bros 4! For the People!
#7LurkerLordPosted 2/15/2013 7:07:41 AM
Metroid Prime.
#8YoyokuKOPosted 2/15/2013 7:08:48 AM
mature =/ tragedy
#9LanternOfAshPosted 2/15/2013 7:12:16 AM
You're gonna have a hard time with your theory here. Nintendo fanboys automatically associate mature with gore, guns and boobs as a defense mechanism.

Unless of course an exclusive does it, in which case it's too mature for your feeble mind.
#10fon1988Posted 2/15/2013 7:13:51 AM
1Truth posted...
KAMMYqueen posted...

No.

Why does a game have to be about a very depressing time in history to be mature to you?