It's about time Miyamoto lived up to being "The Spielberg of video games"

#111Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:16:48 AM
KAMMYqueen posted...
1Truth posted...
KAMMYqueen posted...
i guess he should just make a game about shooting people then

No.

What I mean by mature is having mature themes but with the excellent gameplay mechanics Miyamoto is known for. How about a game set in Hiroshima after the Atomic bomb by the USA. You play as 10 year old that's trying to find his parents.

Heck, Miyamoto could even get a bomb survivor to pen the script or act as an adviser for it.

and that is mature how?

It allows people to explore a digital replication of the Hiroshima deadlands. You get to see it through a child's perspective. You feel a sense of sorrow and loneliness as this 10 year old searches this desolate wasteland with the deluded hope that his parents are still alive somewhere out there.

You get to explore and touch things in classic 3D Zelda fashion. You go in abandoned buildings and see taps still running. radio's still broadcasting messages in Japanese. You even see corpses of people. When it becomes dark, you find the nearest empty building to sleep as the child is afraid of the dark. You also have to scavenge for supplies and items to help you on your journey by looting draws and cupboards in houses. You get to see abandoned schools, hospitals and restaurants.

Seriously, the game would be a masterpiece.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#12darkstriker00Posted 2/15/2013 7:24:08 AM
You basically described fallout 3. I'm not saying miyamoto shouldn't do a mature game but maybe hid talents don't lie there.
---
PSN-darkstriker00
#13deathsaber79Posted 2/15/2013 7:24:35 AM
I don't think Miyamoto has been a hands on director of a game since Ocarina of Time.

Since then he's generally been given "producer" credits, or even more recently "general producer". They're all basically just token titles given out of respect since he created the series. Other than maybe occasional general advice, I'd say theres been little to no "hands on" from him in a long time.

Nintendo basically just dusts him off and unleashes him at E3, and to do other press as necessary these days.
#14ARsignal11Posted 2/15/2013 7:26:39 AM
deathsaber79 posted...
I don't think Miyamoto has been a hands on director of a game since Ocarina of Time.

Since then he's generally been given "producer" credits, or even more recently "general producer". They're all basically just token titles given out of respect since he created the series. Other than maybe occasional general advice, I'd say theres been little to no "hands on" from him in a long time.

Nintendo basically just dusts him off and unleashes him at E3, and to do other press as necessary these days.

^That's how I also feel his role has become these days. Unless he's creating a new IP from scratch (like Pikmin). Although I'm sure all final decisions of important decisions go through him.
#151Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:26:47 AM
fon1988 posted...
Why does a game have to be about a very depressing time in history to be mature to you?

It's the realism of the game. The fact it's not fiction. You're playing in an environment that is based on a tragic event that actually happened. That's were the maturity comes from.

This far more deep than the headshots you get in the fictional campaign of Call of Duty or Gears of War.
---
#161Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:35:15 AM
darkstriker00 posted...
You basically described fallout 3. I'm not saying miyamoto shouldn't do a mature game but maybe hid talents don't lie there.

Yeah, my idea does sound like Fallout 3. However, i still believe it's possible to make a mature game that's not based on the player killing things. In the game I mentioned, it's all about exploration and using items to get to new places. There's absolutely no combat.

For the record, there was a very mature game that Miyamoto made recently for the 3DS. It was called Steel Diver. I never played it but from the screenshots I saw, it looked like a submarine simulator.
---