Gamefly vs. Gamemine ??

#1lonlonmilkloverPosted 2/15/2013 9:48:30 AM
My Gamefly trial is about 70%over, and I'm without a doubt quitting. I'm 2 hours from the closest hub and have only received 4 games throughout 17 days so far (and I play and return the games the same day I receive them, I play them instantly as a rental to see if I want to buy them).

... and they have shipped all 4 of those games to me from the hub that's 2nd farthest away, nearly across the country). Obviously they don't have a decent balanced inventory.

They also seem to wait 2 whole days after checking in a received game before shipping another from my Queue, even though I have 10+ that are instantly available. Very poor turnaround time. Additionally, one game I received was scratched beyond hope upon receiving. It would have been quite obvious it was questionable had they looked at the surface for even a moment before shipping it. Very disappointing.

I have heard of another service called "Gamemine" and that it used to be equally disappointing, but it has improved greatly. However, www.gamemine.com seems to time out, and I can't find any mention of what their official site might be, anywhere.

Has anybody tried Gamemine, and what is their URL? (if they're still in business...)
---
www.backloggery.com/lonlonmilklover
#2SimmerE15Posted 2/15/2013 10:19:35 AM
Try this

video-game-rental-review.toptenreviews.com/game-mine-review.html
#3lonlonmilklover(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:31:28 AM
I had seen that review site, but it doesn't give any links or URL of where to sign up for Gamemine.
---
#4LinktoDrinkPosted 2/15/2013 10:33:37 AM
I'm pretty certain that most of those rental companies have gone out of business. Gamefly probably won't last much longer either. I remember being a member of GamezNFlix back in the day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GameZnFlix

Ah yes.
#5Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 2/15/2013 10:41:35 AM
lonlonmilklover posted...
I had seen that review site, but it doesn't give any links or URL of where to sign up for Gamemine.

Wow ur unlucky.

Takes two days to recieve a game i send back and about two to get a new one. So a total of 3-5 day process on average.

Put a game in the mailbox monday after hours... gets picked up n processed(possibly shipped) tuesday... probably shipped wednesday tho. They recieve game, send new one when available. My new game was already shipped days ago and i will recieve today(email notifications indicate when it was shipped... but my post office kinda sucks in that i dont always get mail on time due to various circumstances...) and prolly shoulda got it yesterday.

Bro u can keep em as long as u want, wats the issue? Its not the type of service u use to try a game for one day, its not like its expedited shipping because u just wanna try it for a few hours. Go find a blockbuster or redbox if u wanna do that lol.
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#6lonlonmilklover(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 3:41:52 PM
Denizen_Of_Dark posted...
lonlonmilklover posted...

Wow ur unlucky.

Bro u can keep em as long as u want, wats the issue? Its not the type of service u use to try a game for one day, its not like its expedited shipping because u just wanna try it for a few hours. Go find a blockbuster or redbox if u wanna do that lol.

I totally would, but... I live in a town of 4,000 people an hour away from a real city LOL. Gamer in the sticks, here!
---
#7lonlonmilklover(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 3:43:56 PM
All in all, for the cost of the Trial, I have gotten a better price than if I went to a BlockBuster, even omitting the 1 disc that didn't work, I've had 3 games in about half a month, for $3.33 each.

If I do get a couple more, it may average about $2.00 per rental.

However, for full price, I will pretty much be spending about $4.00 per rental, much more than Redbox, if I actually had a Redbox in this tiny town of mine, lol. Closest one with games is 41 miles away, lol.
---
#8DemonDog666Posted 2/15/2013 3:46:30 PM
You're doing it wrong, order two games and send one back while you play the other until you are done. Using it as a testing service is stupid that's what demos are for.
#9lonlonmilklover(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 12:41:54 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
You're doing it wrong, order two games and send one back while you play the other until you are done. Using it as a testing service is stupid that's what demos are for.

Self contradiction at its finest.
---