No reason why N cant release Metroid, Zelda, Mario at launch......

#1boogerwooger_2Posted 2/15/2013 9:00:50 AM
I mean, full fledged installments of each franchise, not that rehashed NSMB/U/Me/Grandma edition. This would benefit them in being able to showcase the fresh technology, and give people something to compare future installments to.You know, after they harness the full capabilities.

Zelda, Metroid, and (the GOOD) Mario games are their BREAD AND BUTTER.What would possess a company to not put their BEST foot forward, upon releasing such amazing technology, in a market that is being more and more scrutinized, because of the VERY alienation that I am talking about in this topic.

They have the resourses to release more than ONE Zelda each gen, and please dont mention WWHD, give me something new dammit.

I own all last gen consoles, and this Wii, and like and hate each for different reasons, I am a gamer, I play games on ANY console, as long as they're good. No fanboy here, I just want good games, not a bunch of $60 tech demos.
#2FuNsH1nEPosted 2/15/2013 9:03:37 AM
Because Nintendo doesn't want to rush their cherished franchises just for the sake of having it ready for launch. I would rather wait for the more polished product honestly.
#3Banjo2553Posted 2/15/2013 9:04:32 AM(edited)
I don't remember at any point that Zelda or Metroid were released as launch titles. 3D Mario? Yeah, I guess they could've launched with that (Mario 64 was a launch title, correct?), but I have a feeling we'll see that released this year.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#4TheStarCorePosted 2/15/2013 9:04:28 AM
Banjo2553 posted...
I don't remember at any point that Zelda or Metroid were released as launch titles. 3D Mario? Yeah, I guess they could've launched with that, but I have a feeling we'll see that released this year.

Wii launched with Zelda
#5Banjo2553Posted 2/15/2013 9:05:11 AM
TheStarCore posted...
Banjo2553 posted...
I don't remember at any point that Zelda or Metroid were released as launch titles. 3D Mario? Yeah, I guess they could've launched with that, but I have a feeling we'll see that released this year.

Wii launched with Zelda

Well, I don't really count that since it's cross-platform and was developed specifically for the Gamecube.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#6_FalstaffPosted 2/15/2013 9:05:44 AM
Sounds like bad business strategy to attempt that.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#7SlimeSwayzePosted 2/15/2013 9:07:26 AM
I wouldn't want all three. I actually kind of liked how the Gamesube releases worked. We got a Mario the first summer following launch, a Metroid in the fall, and a Zelda early in the next year.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#8boogerwooger_2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 9:16:51 AM
FuNsH1nE posted...
Because Nintendo doesn't want to rush their cherished franchises just for the sake of having it ready for launch. I would rather wait for the more polished product honestly.

How long do you think this console has been in development? They have had MORE than enough time to give us a few POLISHED 1st party titles. In that case, what makes Zombi U polised enough to be a LAUNCH title? A first impression that didnt impress, from a Nintendo standard. I mean,Zombie U is a good game, but I think Nintendo needs to manage their time better when it comes to releasing games.

I want a polished 1st party title as much as the next guy, but I am still having a hard time believing that the big N doesnt have enough time before a launch to release triple A polised titles on THEIR OWN CONSOLE/TECHNOLOGY. They should be able to feed off of 3rd party developers ideas, but at the end of the day, Nintendo should have blown people away at launch.

Want to sell consoles Nintendo? BASH EVERYONE OVER THE HEAD WITH FIRST PARTY TITLES AT LAUNCH, and watch the Mario, Zelda, and Metroid fans flock.
#9ADHDguitarPosted 2/15/2013 9:18:17 AM
Joke topic.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#10NiftyManZPosted 2/15/2013 9:20:11 AM
I thought nsmbu was a quality, polished game. Far superior to the other nsmb games.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)