No reason why N cant release Metroid, Zelda, Mario at launch......

#3140DribylfPosted 2/15/2013 11:51:16 AM
Anyway, what the TC fails to realize a development of a console takes about 2-3 years, ignoring the pre-production process.

Alpha devkits are sent out, even to first-party developers, 1 - 2 years before the the console launches.

Even first-party developers have to learn the hardware. Since they are Nintendo-owned, they have an advantage, but they have to learn to make games on it.

AAA Nintendo games usually spend 3-4 years in development nowadays. These games are not something they throw together. They make sure they don't rush these out.

Launch titles, like ZombiU, were quickly developed, and you can tell. NSMBU reused assets from NSBW. Nintendoland is something that didn't need much time. Other launch games were ports and shovelware; games that are quick to make and quick to port.

Don't bring up Twilight Princess because that was a port.

So at most, AAA Nintendo games will come out around a year after launch. Unless they released the console a year later than planned, then they can be launch titles; something Nintendo should keep in mind next time.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#32boogerwooger_2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:57:57 AM
40Dribylf posted...
See, that's where you are misunderstood.I CLEARLY stated that Nintendo should manage their time better.Example: Put the time and effort into some triple A titles, instead of focusing on smaller budget games. There is NO product on earth that advertises itself like this "buy me now, and take my word for it, that I will get better, I have the credentials" NO in reality it's more like "Take this AWESOME product! It does EXACTLY what you expect of it, and our next installment will give you everything this one has, AND MORE!"

You should work for Nintendo, you obviously know how to develop games way better than they do. Hey, where did your get you degree from?

See, that's the problem.What makes you think that I have to possess a degree in developing video games to have a general idea of what Nintendo fans want?

By your logic, I have to be a pro NFL player before I can have the luxury of saying a paticular team, or player sucks....or I have to be able to professionally drive a Nascar, before I can say a particular driver sucks.
I bet I can't develop a game to save my life, but I know a bad game when I see one.
The manager at my old job sucked at his job.
I probably could not do his job, but I know a bad job when I see one.
Your logic is flawed, because it doesn't take much research to find out what is missing on this console, based on the general consensus.

Also General Concensus=/= this board alone

Its everywhere, if you choose to be blind about it, than you are clearly part of the problem, and hinder the solution.
#3340DribylfPosted 2/15/2013 12:04:02 PM
See, that's the problem.What makes you think that I have to possess a degree in developing video games to have a general idea of what Nintendo fans want?

By your logic, I have to be a pro NFL player before I can have the luxury of saying a paticular team, or player sucks....or I have to be able to professionally drive a Nascar, before I can say a particular driver sucks.
I bet I can't develop a game to save my life, but I know a bad game when I see one.
The manager at my old job sucked at his job.
I probably could not do his job, but I know a bad job when I see one.
Your logic is flawed, because it doesn't take much research to find out what is missing on this console, based on the general consensus.

Also General Concensus=/= this board alone

Its everywhere, if you choose to be blind about it, than you are clearly part of the problem, and hinder the solution.

All I see is a bunch of strawmans in this post

Anyway, the only practical solution for your complaint is for Nintendo to delay their consoles for a year or so, when they're finished developing their games.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#34boogerwooger_2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 12:26:18 PM
40Dribylf posted...
Anyway, what the TC fails to realize a development of a console takes about 2-3 years, ignoring the pre-production process.

Alpha devkits are sent out, even to first-party developers, 1 - 2 years before the the console launches.

Even first-party developers have to learn the hardware. Since they are Nintendo-owned, they have an advantage, but they have to learn to make games on it.

AAA Nintendo games usually spend 3-4 years in development nowadays. These games are not something they throw together. They make sure they don't rush these out.

Launch titles, like ZombiU, were quickly developed, and you can tell. NSMBU reused assets from NSBW. Nintendoland is something that didn't need much time. Other launch games were ports and shovelware; games that are quick to make and quick to port.

Don't bring up Twilight Princess because that was a port.

So at most, AAA Nintendo games will come out around a year after launch. Unless they released the console a year later than planned, then they can be launch titles; something Nintendo should keep in mind next time.

One of the more sensible post in this topic.Hypothetically speaking, if we were going to recieve a AAA Zelda, Mario, Metroid, or Pikmin (which I've never played, but heard great things), why not wait to release the console? For more reasons than one,

1.Launch the ridiculously avoidable 5gb update pre-installed.
2.Launch the deluxe edition with pre-installed apps like MSNBC, an app like a digital version of Nintendo Power with news and upcoming updates and change-logs, stuff of that nature.
3.Pre-installed demos, and WAY more demos available.(seriously Nintendo? 4 demos, and one I had to fish for?)
4.Bigger hard drive. (I seriously think whoevers idea it was for a measly 32gb should be fired. Full games on my Ps3 and 360 will get up to 16 gigs in size, HALF the size of the DELUXE edition of the U.
5. A more faction friendly Miiverse to weed out some of the spam.(Go check the Uplay Miiverse)
6.Facebook, I know, I know, some of you hate FB, but it wouldn't hurt to have the worlds largest social network available.

I know I'm starting to stretch it a bit, but you get the idea.
#35Baha05Posted 2/15/2013 12:27:19 PM
@TC It's called development, you don't rush out big titles at a launch.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#36darkjedilinkPosted 2/15/2013 12:34:54 PM
boogerwooger_2 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
boogerwooger_2 posted...
aaroncort posted...
it would be the worst business move nintendo could make.

Imagine how a system would sell if every first party game came out and then nothing for 3 years.

Sure the system would sell for the first 4 months or so but then there would be no reason for anybody to talk about the wii again for 3 years.

The best a company can do is keep some hype going, a little bit at a time rather than blowing it all in one move.

Granted people are complaining about there not being any games but this has been a complaint since the snes days with every console.

Who said anything about "blowing it all in one move"? The point I'm trying to make is why only 1 strong move? why build hype for 1 move?, why not build hype 4-5-6 times throughout a consoles life cycle? And as far as "having something now, and nothing for 3 years"..... that is the point I am trying to make, After releasing some great titles at launch, WHY would we NOT have something for the next 3 years? OF COURSE, we can get something every year for the next 3 years, what would be stopping N from bludgeoning us with great titles???

ITP - making AAA titles takes no time, effort or manpower whatsoever.

See, that's where you are misunderstood.I CLEARLY stated that Nintendo should manage their time better.Example: Put the time and effort into some triple A titles, instead of focusing on smaller budget games. There is NO product on earth that advertises itself like this "buy me now, and take my word for it, that I will get better, I have the credentials" NO in reality it's more like "Take this AWESOME product! It does EXACTLY what you expect of it, and our next installment will give you everything this one has, AND MORE!"

We shouldn't have to wait for this Wii U to be repurposed, because all it's purpose is, as of right now, is a tech demo to try to get people to buy, instead of being a traditional Mario, Zelda, Metroid console.
Also, lol at anyone who thinks that the big N doesnt have the time or resources to create some AAA titles.
They can shovel that copy paste crap that is NSMBU, take the time to REMAKE 80 PLUS LEVELS IN THE SAME GAME, but for some reason, you think Nintendo doesn't have the time or resources to give us some AAA action?

Naive.

You're actually reinforcing my point - you think that Nintendo - or any company - can crank out Marios, Zeldas, Kirbys, Kid Icarus titles and Metroids every two or three years. No company can do that, regardless of what "small time" stuff they put to the wayside. Sure, if Nintendo tripled their game development staff, they could get these people caught up within five or six years to do so, but then you have that many more people to pay wages, overtime and benefits to, not to mention the drain on resources the matter of training all of these people takes.

You're simply unrealistic in your desire for all of these games to be done three or more times a console.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#37darknight06Posted 2/15/2013 12:56:45 PM
To get that kind of output again realistically while still keeping the quality, the best thing for the industry to do would be to go back to the days of cheap NES era development. It's too bad though that the majority of customers have been brainwashed into believing bigger is better these days. We really could do without HD, and a lot of people whether they like the idea or not know this instinctively. However, there's too many stubborn industry people and customers to ever take that kind of step back. When Nintendo did it with the Wii, it was killing their developers to the point where they even threw away their astonishing progress just to attempt to gain back prestige from an industry that never gave a crap.

Don't expect anything to improve either. Microsoft and Sony being dumb enough to up the ante on consoles again, despite NOT needing anything of the sort, is only going to crush whatever's left of the industry in another 4 years. If it even goes that long.
---
3DS Friend code: 4081-5501-8308