Has Nintendo ever expressed interest in remaking the first two Zelda games?

#1Jon TalbainPosted 2/15/2013 10:12:45 AM
After seeing the news on the Wind Waker HD, I was wondering why they won't remake the first Zelda games. As much as I would love to see the first game remade, I would love to see the Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link remade with gameplay like the Ocarina of Time. I kept trying to fully understand what was going on in Zelda II, but certain parts seemed unfinished or never explained. I wanted to know if other people here think it would be a good idea or if there would be enough interest for Nintendo to do that.
---
As long as you believe in yourself, nothing may overcome you.
#2ADHDguitarPosted 2/15/2013 10:13:36 AM
Zelda II bleh.

Zelda 1, absolutely. If they remade Zelda 1 in 3D it'd end up being a lot like Dark Souls.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3DinglesteedPosted 2/15/2013 10:15:05 AM
Zelda II is actually one of my sleeper favorites. Sure, it was a big change but it was actually one of, if the the most challenging Zelda games I've played. Especially if you don't farm XP bags to level up quickly.
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, BF3, WoW, EVE Online, NHL 13
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#4Jon Talbain(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:17:24 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
Zelda II bleh.

Zelda 1, absolutely. If they remade Zelda 1 in 3D it'd end up being a lot like Dark Souls.

LOL, why didn't you like Zelda II? Wow, Zelda like Dark Souls.....that would be really interesting.

Dinglesteed posted...
Zelda II is actually one of my sleeper favorites. Sure, it was a big change but it was actually one of, if the the most challenging Zelda games I've played. Especially if you don't farm XP bags to level up quickly.

LOL, right. I am glad to see someone else enjoyed Zelda II. But did you actually understand the story or what was going on? Maybe you could help me out.
---
#5P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/15/2013 10:18:21 AM
Nothing's been said, but there were rumors about a Link to the Past remake.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#6Jon Talbain(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:19:38 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

Say what?! Do you have a link to that? That is one of my favorite games of all time.
---
#7xLexLuth0rxPosted 2/15/2013 10:19:41 AM
A Zelda 1 remake would be an instant buy for me. I still play this game a good bit on my 3DS and Wii when I'm bored and while I know both quests by heart, I still enjoy it.

Fast forward to a nice "reimagined" version of it in maybe 3rd person... that would be insane.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#8DinglesteedPosted 2/15/2013 10:20:28 AM
Jon Talbain posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
Zelda II bleh.

LOL, why didn't you like Zelda II? Wow, Zelda like Dark Souls.....that would be really interesting.

Dinglesteed posted...

LOL, right. I am glad to see someone else enjoyed Zelda II. But did you actually understand the story or what was going on? Maybe you could help me out.

The story in II wasn't a main focus of that game it seems. You just kind of get thrown into the world and solve puzzles and clear castles. There was a story but it wasn't presented very well. The challenging (and somewhat infuriating!) gameplay is what made Zelda II stand out.

You can read about the story here though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelda_II:_The_Adventure_of_Link#Plot
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, BF3, WoW, EVE Online, NHL 13
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#9aaroncortPosted 2/15/2013 10:20:30 AM
Dinglesteed posted...

Dude, zelda II is really bad. You're right in that it's challenging but it's challenging because it's poorly made compared to what we expect from a nintendo game.

I'd love a remake if they do it right. I think zelda II would make a great metroidvania style game particularly if there are some great puzzles.

I'm not sure if the first zelda needs a remake since LttP and all the game boy versions are pretty much remakes of that first only better done.
---
Steam: Avant_Tarde
#10P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/15/2013 10:23:15 AM
Jon Talbain posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

Say what?! Do you have a link to that? That is one of my favorite games of all time.

http://m.joystiq.com/2012/06/13/nintendo-hasnt-decided-whether-to-remake-a-link-to-the-past-o/
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece