ITT we estimate Wii U February sales.

#11googlerPosted 2/15/2013 11:06:21 AM
There's still no reason to own one because there's nothing that distinguishes it from what's already been out for 7 years so why would sales suddenly pick up?...i say 80,000 approx.
#12joehultPosted 2/15/2013 11:06:40 AM
They have sold 24,000 in Japan for the first two weeks in February and the numbers have dropped every week since the launch. No way in hell it even beats the January numbers in the US. Estimating is not a business you should get into.VGcharts is also officially dead since they haven't even been in the ball park.
#13SonicFreak99Posted 2/15/2013 11:55:04 AM
joehult posted...
They have sold 24,000 in Japan for the first two weeks in February and the numbers have dropped every week since the launch. No way in hell it even beats the January numbers in the US. Estimating is not a business you should get into.VGcharts is also officially dead since they haven't even been in the ball park.

Didn't the Wii U more or less sell in the 40K range in the US last month? NPD gave sales an extra week for the January numbers. If Wii U keeps selling 12K in Japan, it looks like the US+JP numbers for February could be pretty close once we start seeing the NPD go back to 4 weeks.

Anyways, my estimate is 45K. I honestly thought Wii U would be selling around 150K a month or something.
---
PSN: MetalGearLiquid
#14snae99Posted 2/15/2013 11:56:31 AM
Wouldn't the new bundle boost sales?
---
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening
#15SonicFreak99Posted 2/18/2013 7:31:58 PM
snae99 posted...

I doubt it.

The 'hardcore' gamers seem to be waiting for the big Nintendo software, and maybe a price drop. Zombie U Bundle w/Pro Controller and Nintendo Land @ $389 is a really good value compared to the Regular Pro console, but I don't think a lot of people can justify buying one with the current software out. Aside from Zombie U, Nintendo Land, and Mario, *most* (not all) of the current software seems to be ports from the PS3/360 or simply not worth buying the console for in a lot of people's eyes.

A lot of the 'casuals' seem to be confused on whether or not the Wii U is a tablet controller for their current Wii console (which is understandable)..or seem to have no real interest in the system right now.

I think the Wii U will continue to stay around current levels of sales (30-50k) until at least Pikmin or Mario Kart are available. Future titles like Bayo 2 and W101 look great, but I doubt they will move hardware. Nintendo software seems to have the biggest impact on sales.
---
PSN: MetalGearLiquid
#16vidalmorazaPosted 2/18/2013 7:33:02 PM
Around the same actually than January, wait for the games to come out
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#17MegagunstarmanPosted 2/18/2013 7:38:14 PM
Even though this is a Shado topic...

It's hard to say. Maybe higher than January, because the Zombiu bundle seems to be selling well (most of the Gamestops near me sold out fast). But that could just be a small boost because we don't know how many the stores actually received.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#18DDP886Posted 2/18/2013 7:44:41 PM(edited)
I got some early sales numbers from my bud who works I the gaming world

Us 11k
Eu 6k
Asia 147k
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#19jairusmonillasPosted 2/18/2013 7:47:07 PM
50k NA and it will just get lesser and lesser.

For casuals, Motion Controls are more fun than an iPad wanna be Tablet Controller.
#20ArkonBladePosted 2/18/2013 8:15:09 PM
SonicFreak99 posted...
snae99 posted...

I doubt it.

The 'hardcore' gamers seem to be waiting for the big Nintendo software, and maybe a price drop. Zombie U Bundle w/Pro Controller and Nintendo Land @ $389 is a really good value compared to the Regular Pro console, but I don't think a lot of people can justify buying one with the current software out. Aside from Zombie U, Nintendo Land, and Mario, *most* (not all) of the current software seems to be ports from the PS3/360 or simply not worth buying the console for in a lot of people's eyes.

A lot of the 'casuals' seem to be confused on whether or not the Wii U is a tablet controller for their current Wii console (which is understandable)..or seem to have no real interest in the system right now.

I think the Wii U will continue to stay around current levels of sales (30-50k) until at least Pikmin or Mario Kart are available. Future titles like Bayo 2 and W101 look great, but I doubt they will move hardware. Nintendo software seems to have the biggest impact on sales.

You sort of nailed it out side of the $389 WiiU bundle being a good deal. No one i know saw that deal and went a runnin to the store to get one.

I have alot of harcore gaming friends and not a single one has bought a WiiU. All for now are sticking with the PS3, 360 or PC for now. I've asked a bunch of them if any of them plan to buy one in the future most say probubly not or not a chance . some who are taking my view are waiting for it to be cheaper and feel the WiiU is just way over priced for what it is. The price me and them are waiting for seems to be $199-$249 and that has to be for the 32gb version . Nintendo might as well scrap the 8gb version .

Also more games which is going to be another year or two away till nintendo gets that out there depending on delays . So sales are going to be sluggish and just bad for a around a year unless nintendo does a fast and drastice price cut very soon. Which i don't see happening any sooner then end of fall.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow