Wii U has only been out for 3 months

#31jmichaelbpPosted 2/15/2013 1:01:07 PM
geneticsftw posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
geneticsftw posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
How many alt accounts do you need?

I don't think a limit exists

Well TC has way more than 10 alt accounts on GameFAQS. He has three alt accounts on this topic alone.

Personally I'm against alts.

Me too.

TC loves alts though. He has like 20+ other accounts here on GFAQS.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#32CelebityPosted 2/15/2013 1:03:17 PM
lninjasonicl posted...
CelestialMind posted...
Funny, that's exactly what they said about the Vita.

oh hell yeah, lets all gang up on Vita now!!!!

-_-

loser

A legitimate argument from this guy right here.
---
Nintendo Network: Damon07
#33NarutoPosted 2/15/2013 1:04:20 PM
meiyuki posted...
Aw cute you don't even get what I'm talking about.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
#34meiyukiPosted 2/15/2013 1:05:40 PM
Naruto posted...
meiyuki posted...
Aw cute you don't even get what I'm talking about.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I do but then you'd have to go and see what the boards were like for the 3ds, something I'm sure people don't want to do otherwise they'd realize how stupid they look.
#35lninjasoniclPosted 2/15/2013 1:05:50 PM
lets all make fun of the virtual boy now
---
I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes.
#36TheBonfiniPosted 2/15/2013 1:14:12 PM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
DBNULLd posted...
During the ps3's third month of sales, which was also in January, it managed to sell over 225k units at $500-$600. So that really cannot be used as an argument. It's just flopping.

Maybe, but it tracked behind the WIi U's LTD 3 months sales, and proceeded to post SEVERAL sub 100,000 months over the course of 2007.

Cherrypicking statistics to make your argument look good actually makes your argument weaker.

How is it cherry picked? That's comparing two just launched systems in the same month. It is just adding perspective.

Here's more. Nintendo only sold 55k with no other next gen systems on the market and half the cost of the PS3 at launch.

I understand the markets are different. And perhaps all the next consoles sell way less than expected. But Nintendo is first out of the gate this time and they aren't building momentum. Games will help. Actual releases, not release windows.

Believe it or not, most casuals don't read up on games and just look at the back of the boxes. They need to have more games out. Right now they have less than a full cabinet of games and they don't look better than what people have played for years unless you went Wii only last gen.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#37tizzywilkillyouPosted 2/15/2013 1:18:13 PM(edited)
TheBonfini posted...
tizzywilkillyou posted...
DBNULLd posted...
During the ps3's third month of sales, which was also in January, it managed to sell over 225k units at $500-$600. So that really cannot be used as an argument. It's just flopping.

Maybe, but it tracked behind the WIi U's LTD 3 months sales, and proceeded to post SEVERAL sub 100,000 months over the course of 2007.

Cherrypicking statistics to make your argument look good actually makes your argument weaker.

How is it cherry picked? That's comparing two just launched systems in the same month. It is just adding perspective.

Here's more. Nintendo only sold 55k with no other next gen systems on the market and half the cost of the PS3 at launch.

I understand the markets are different. And perhaps all the next consoles sell way less than expected. But Nintendo is first out of the gate this time and they aren't building momentum. Games will help. Actual releases, not release windows.

Believe it or not, most casuals don't read up on games and just look at the back of the boxes. They need to have more games out. Right now they have less than a full cabinet of games and they don't look better than what people have played for years unless you went Wii only last gen.

I really don't disagree with any of that. Wii U needs games, and better marketing. I'd venture a guess that more than half (possibly way more than half) of all Wii owners either don't know about Wii U at all, or think it's a Wii add-on.

The part I disagree with is the premature claims that Wii U is "dead" "failed" "finished" or "doomed". Let's talk in January 2014.

And you nailed it; it's a VERY different market. The illusory wealth of 2004-2007 is nothing like what we have now. I expect PS4/720 to suffer as well, especially if the entry bar is set at $399 minimum with no bundled game.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#38meiyukiPosted 2/15/2013 1:18:00 PM
Still don't want to look into all the doom and gloom over the 3ds launch, or the ds launch, it's almost like you're specifically ignoring that cause you don't want to face it. But that couldn't be, I mean no one on the internet would specifically ignore something that doesn't help their cause.
#39tizzywilkillyouPosted 2/15/2013 1:21:26 PM
meiyuki posted...
Still don't want to look into all the doom and gloom over the 3ds launch, or the ds launch, it's almost like you're specifically ignoring that cause you don't want to face it. But that couldn't be, I mean no one on the internet would specifically ignore something that doesn't help their cause.

Don't forget how the Wii was finished before it even launched because it didn't have teh grafix.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#40Ness0123456789Posted 2/15/2013 1:39:08 PM
TheBonfini posted...
Do you guys honestly not get a sense of trends? Wii was a raving success and didn't get there with a bunch of third party support or powerful specs. It had an innovative control method that wasn't implemented as accurately ever before in any consumer product. The Wii-mote was exceedingly popular. It even dragged in the fickle casual market.

The tablet control is stale and no one cares about tablets. It's been done and most people have used a tablet already. There is nothing that feels fresh with the Wii-U.

You're all entitled to your opinions, but no system has ever come back to selling so little to winning a generation. Nintendo is slashing their expectations across the board.

Curb your enthusiasm. Blind optimism is closing in on blind fanboyism. It's the only next gen console on the market and it moved 55k.. That's so abysmal with no competition. How can you not see that?

Maybe instead of just blindly saying it will win, provide your logic. Why?

It will win because Nintendo is the protagonist. There the ones that stuck with games and haven't sold out into electronics/etc.. Nintendo is the "good guy" and if they fail the gaming world is doomed...... unless u enjoy generic shooters for eternity

That's probably the stupidest thing I've read on GameFAQs in a very long time...assuming that you weren't being sarcastic, which I'm praying to god you were.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI