Assuming Wii U sales continue to drop at a the same rate.

#11mercurythewhitePosted 2/15/2013 2:04:51 PM
Dragonyeuw posted...
It will die when a new 3d mario, new Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Mario Kart releases and sales continue to stagnate, which isn't very likely. It's about games people, always has been. Right now one can look at the library and objectively conclude that there's not many reasons to buy the Wii U with its current library. We KNOW the big first party titles are coming out at some point. I think some newer gamers are of the impression that every console in gaming history launched with 10 system sellers.

Didn't help the gamecube; sales were awful.
---
White Light, White Heat.
#12RahzarXPosted 2/15/2013 8:17:52 PM
mercurythewhite posted...
Dragonyeuw posted...
It will die when a new 3d mario, new Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Mario Kart releases and sales continue to stagnate, which isn't very likely. It's about games people, always has been. Right now one can look at the library and objectively conclude that there's not many reasons to buy the Wii U with its current library. We KNOW the big first party titles are coming out at some point. I think some newer gamers are of the impression that every console in gaming history launched with 10 system sellers.

The gamecube got the "worst" of every one of those titles. Subjectively of course. Except Metroid.

Pokemon XD
Mario Kart DD which is actually amazing but again, not well received
Zelda WW, a fun game but didn't live up to expectations
Mario Sunshine - Not.Well.Received (still an awesome game)

Honestly, it was a case of Nintendo being in a slump creatively. Now that it's out of the way, we're going to see the pinnacle of what they have to offer.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#13Enigma149Posted 2/15/2013 8:35:37 PM
Dragonyeuw posted...

And yet the GameCube survived, and is in the opinion of many people (myself included) the best Nintendo console.

Ironically, it also gave these "hardcore" gamers everything they want out of the PS4 and 720 - a low price, excellent graphics, and no "gimmicks".
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#14FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/15/2013 8:40:32 PM
Dragonyeuw posted...

thats cause the gamecube was nintendos shot at trying to capture the hardcore crowd what also didnt help the gamecube was the mini disk which was a huge mistake. What also didnt help the gamecube was PS2 that system was an unstoppable juggernaut that no system that gen was gonna beat.
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Skyrim: Dragonborn (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#15SocranPosted 2/15/2013 8:54:26 PM
http://xkcd.com/605/
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#16DragonyeuwPosted 2/16/2013 7:03:09 AM
Dragonyeuw posted...

Didnt stop it from having some great games though.
---
Current systems owned: 8gb Wii U, PS3 slim,xbox 360 GOW model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, White PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#17Y34RX3R0Posted 2/16/2013 7:10:20 AM
Where did you get your crystal ball?
---
PSN: Y34RX3R0
Nintendo Wii U ID: HumanAPE
#18kaiser ryuPosted 2/16/2013 7:30:05 AM
If the Gamecube had better third party support it would have been my only console. As gen 6 stands things were just too split between the consoles. Xbox had Halo, possibly the last "killer app" type game to singularly drive a console for most of its lifespan. Between PS2 and GC were just too many titles on either side to let one give way. A Gamecube with FFX, Tales of the Abyss, GTA3 Trilogy, the Jak and Ratchet games, Armored Core titles, Dragon Quest 8, or any of the many I'm surely forgetting would have been DA POIFECT CONSOLE EBAH. Likewise, all the PS2 really lacked was Nintendo as a dedicated third party developer for it to have been... DA POIFECT CONSOLE EBAH.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#19pearl arowanaPosted 2/16/2013 8:39:26 AM
wii u is just a sad sad console.
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#20JikanEXEPosted 2/16/2013 8:48:52 AM
MichaeIPachter posted...
tizzywilkillyou posted...
The same rate? Are you really suggesting that the Wii U will sell under 10,000 units in the U.S. in the entire month of February, and trying to pass it off as honest discourse? -_-

The PS4 will be announced this month. So yes, it's possible for the Wii U to sell under 10,000 units in the U.S. in the entire month.

They're not announcing the ps4... Get off of the band wagon and pull your head out of sonys ass.