How come so many people are happy about Nintendo "failing"?

#1Lep106317Posted 2/15/2013 1:27:18 PM
I get most of it is probably just trolls but still why would someone who is a video game fan be happy the biggest video game company could possibly be suffering? If you are a fan of games you should want every company to do well and thrive so the industry as a whole can continue on for years and years. It is just backwards thinking to want a company to fail.
---
http://gifsoup.com/view5/2676340/jess-tess-oltl-o.gif
#2tizzywilkillyouPosted 2/15/2013 1:28:31 PM
Your first sentence mostly explains it, but there's another segment of people who seem to have a lot invested in the Wii U failing regardless. Maybe they're shorting NTDOY stock or something.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#3LonelyGoombaPosted 2/15/2013 1:29:09 PM
I dunno, I think it's two types of people

old Nintendo fans who felt betrayed by nintendos direction with the Wii
and gamers who don't know **** all and didn't grow up with old games and have no respect for Nintendo.

it'll be a sad day if Nintendo ever go down, they're the only company who has the old spirit of gaming still.
---
Why do reviewers have to be so enthusiastic all the time?
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
#4kingjam1Posted 2/15/2013 1:29:19 PM
Possible price cut
---
Can't think of anything
#5DifferentialEquationPosted 2/15/2013 1:29:51 PM
I was fan of Nintendo from the NES through the Gamecube. I'm happy that they're struggling right now because hopefully they'll going back to innovative software rather than crap hardware gimmicks that they claim are innovative.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#6b1gt0nePosted 2/15/2013 1:30:09 PM
Because Sony is the one actually failing. Trolls like to paint a picture that Nintendo is doing worse, to help them cope with Sony's recent failures and enormous debt.
#7LonelyGoombaPosted 2/15/2013 1:31:33 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
I was fan of Nintendo from the NES through the Gamecube. I'm happy that they're struggling right now because hopefully they'll going back to innovative software rather than crap hardware gimmicks that they claim are innovative.

see?
---
Why do reviewers have to be so enthusiastic all the time?
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
#8EastCoastKodyPosted 2/15/2013 1:32:05 PM
I don't understand trolling. Only trolls can understand them. Like trying to get into the mind of a serial killer. It just doesn't work......unless ur crazy too.

As a huge videogame nerd, I hope all 3 Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo stick around.

My guess is its little kids mixed w/ those who still think like little kids. The old "what I have is better than urs" theory.

Its pretty much ALL Sony trolls here. Apparently there can be only one....and they want Sony to be that one.

I don't like PC games.......but theres no chance u would see me posting on PC game boards every single day talking about how much they suck.
---
"Just cause someone trolls something doesn't mean they dislike it. I've wanted a Wii U since it was announced." -- lazycomplife
#9SlimeSwayzePosted 2/15/2013 1:33:15 PM
I don't think it has to do with Nintendo themselves. I just think fanboys of one company just like to see fanboys of another company squirm. It's just a childish game that gets played on these boards, and always has, and always will.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#10CelestialMindPosted 2/15/2013 1:33:24 PM
Because Nintendo sold us out to the casuals. Because of greed they betrayed all the true fans that made them a once household name and are now a mere joke in the industry.

Nintendo basically said "**** you true fans, there are more casuals than you guys so we gonna make more $$$$ thanks to them".

Now they are reaping what they are sowing.