Nintendo fans are way too sensitive and need to toughen up

#1Dark World RulerPosted 2/15/2013 1:46:31 PM
I come here looking to see some Wii U discussion and somehow it turns into Sony hate, which is pretty pathetic. If Nintendo has a good Nintendo direct, the reaction is "Yeah!!!! Sony is dead now!!!!", if Nintendo has bad news it somehow turns into somehow Sony getting hate too

Do Nintendo fans really hate Sony because they made the PS Move and copied the Wiimote? .....Really? That has to be the stupidest reason to hate something when imitation should be looked at as flattery.

I hate to say it, but it's incredibly wimpy to not be able to move on from the little things that Sony did Nintendo. I cant think of one of them that was anything major. Some of you would have fainted with the real competition that went on with Sony and Microsoft, it was a bloodbath with how Microsoft tried to hit Sony hard during all of their launch woes with PS3.

For years they did exclusive contracts to bring a game on Xbox 360 for at least a year before they allowed it to go multiplatform and be on PS3, they had campaigns where they were trying to bring any and every PlayStation series to Xbox and touted it as a major victory each time, and virtually tried to kill the PlayStation brand.

The problems that the Wii U has right now were caused by Nintendo themselves, we all know that, so what is with the Sony hate that is still going on?
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#2teamaquashockPosted 2/15/2013 1:47:38 PM
Fanboys vs Fanboys.... with a mix of trolls enraging everyone.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#3DDP886Posted 2/15/2013 1:47:55 PM
Sony took what Nintendo failed to do, and made it work.
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#4Prototype82Posted 2/15/2013 1:51:48 PM
Yeah. What a bunch of girly girls.
#5Dr_FacerPosted 2/15/2013 1:51:57 PM
I agree with TC.

No hate for Nintendo from me, but the fanboys *are* annoying as hell.

I remember stating that I didn't like the Gamecube controller and got bucketloads of hate thrown in my direction.
#6mjc0961Posted 2/15/2013 1:53:05 PM(edited)
Dark World Ruler posted...
Do Nintendo fans really hate Sony because they made the PS Move and copied the Wiimote? .....Really? That has to be the stupidest reason to hate something when imitation should be looked at as flattery.

No, I'm just a gamer who's mad at Sony for their crappy business practices. PS Move, for example... There's no flattery there. They didn't do anything to support it. They talked a big game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sDeD2WeUK0) and then released almost nothing. The two best games are Killzone 3 and No More Heroes... Yeah, one of the best games for the big bad PS Move that was going to put both Wii and Kinect in their places is a Wii port. And the only other big name they had coming, Sorcery, turned out to be mindless waggle garabge that Sony made fun of in their own ad that I just linked above (0:43). Wii could have run Sorcery (with some graphical downgrades of course) at launch, you don't even need WM+ for that s***.

And the Vita was another waste of money. One of these days, maybe I'll learn to stop giving Sony money before they actually put a sizable library of games out. >_<

DDP886 posted...
Sony took what Nintendo failed to do, and made it work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#7WillWarePosted 2/15/2013 1:54:26 PM
This topic basically shows us who the fanboys, trolls, neutrals, logicians, and normal people are. As if we didn't already know.
---
I'm not exactly "normal." Hope this isn't a problem.
Need something to do? Here's a maze: http://i.imgur.com/HSMCf.png
#8PsyrenCallPosted 2/15/2013 2:36:33 PM
Toughening up isn't the issue. What people need to realize is that the trolls are specifically trying to get a rise out of them for pure entertainment, so they need to learn to ignore it. If you don't feed a troll, they'll go elsewhere. People also need to realize that consumer products don't require defending. You're not a white knight defending the honor of Nintendo, you gave them your money, that's the extent of your relationship to the company. You're a customer, not a soldier in the Nintendarmy.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#9AceMosPosted 2/15/2013 2:41:42 PM
yes how dare nintedo fans want nice peacfull civil discussions rather than the constant nintendooomed

crap weve put up with the past 6+ years
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#10MixorzPosted 2/15/2013 2:43:03 PM
They have good reason to panic. They're on a sinking ship. Nintendo did them dirty and is flopping like a fish out of water.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz