Its really sad that Nintendo is so greedy that its 100% predictable what they do

#31excitebike64Posted 2/15/2013 11:41:37 PM
All systems have different controllers, even if optional or not.

Zap guns, for example

Or dance pads for other games. Or guitars. Or what ever.

If they do release a GCN controller, at least it works with many games vs only a small niche market.

If you wish to complain about the controllers, at least complain about all the other gimmicky controllers over the years as also evil. Same difference, with poor logic that you used.

And heck, the duke controllers on the original xbox eventually were replaced with the S-controller. Go cry about something relevant.
#32mushroomfantasyPosted 2/15/2013 11:59:12 PM
they'll do it when smash bros comes out
---
\/|\http://mushroomfantasy.yoll.net
/\|_/TO THE EQUALITY MOBILE ~ joe14joe
#33darkus_fPosted 2/16/2013 12:09:39 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...

The difference though is that you DONT need a dualshock 3. Its optional and only adds to the experience.

You NEED a classic controller to play virtual console on Wii, you NEED motion plus to play Skyward Sword and whatever other titles its mandatory for.

This! Good Lord the defensive drones make me feel bad for being a Nintendo fan sometimes...
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PSN: darkus_f
PWB Fav5: Punk, Cesaro, Ziggler, Reigns, Orton
#34_Sovereign_Posted 2/16/2013 7:47:44 AM
Analog triggers? Oh yeah, analog triggers, those triggers for people that weren't smart enough to differentiate between halfway and full on...

Sorry, if you're still complaining about that you need to get a new hobby. They NEVER were needed to start with, I never used them in games, and their absence isn't noticed by anyone except people who want their games to always hold their hand....kinda like that racing line in Forza...
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#35leeko_linkPosted 2/16/2013 2:37:45 PM(edited)
huyi posted...
leeko_link posted...

GameCube obviously had the worst controller ever so I would be glad if Nintendo make a better design controller for it. Also wouldn't them making that controller you just mention is actually a good thing? The Wii U is meant to play Wii U games so of course if you're gonna play old games on it, you had to buy a controllers with the old layout and buttons.

come again?

For one, the d-pad is very small which makes playing 2D games (like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Capcom vs. SNK 2, Mega Man and Sonic games) a hassle, the button layouts are stupidly design so playing platform VC games will feel very awkward (unless if the game had their own button config like Super Metroid), the A button is also super huge that most of the time when you actually wanted to use the B button that you forgot you just hit the A, they turn the Z button into a shoulder button instead of a trigger like the N64, and the C-Stick is cheaply produced that often time it feels like it's broken. The only good thing about the GameCube controller are the L & R analog triggers and how comfortable you hold it but everything else just failed. I couldn't even play some my GameCube compilations or Game Boy games (I have a GB Player) with it due to the small d-pad.
#36Wiiplayer111Posted 2/16/2013 2:37:55 PM
iKhanic posted...
Man I do hope your right. I want an updated version of the gc controller

I'd buy a wireless GC controller.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#37Enigma149Posted 2/17/2013 12:08:53 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
iKhanic posted...
Man I do hope your right. I want an updated version of the gc controller

I'd buy a wireless GC controller.

You mean like the Wavebird?
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#38kokushishinPosted 2/19/2013 6:04:48 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
I understand you're just answering his question, but it's still out of context. The new controllers that Sony and MS released were in no way required to play new games. All games for their consoles play just fine with the original controllers or the new ones. Not to mention that those new 360 controllers didn't catch on at all.

The claim is greed.

Motionplus is a free throw-in on several games, most of which have dropped in price. Red Steel 2 was $10 more, but that too is cheap now if you can find it. There's several 3rd party versions too.

The deals on the CC and Pro aren't as good as they are overseas, but you're talking $20 at most.
---
Meet Gabriel Belmont and his Vampire Killer!
#39Rappy00Posted 2/19/2013 6:07:26 PM
It's weird it's like Nintendo's a company or something.
---
Nintendo ID:Rappy0
PSN:Rappy0 If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#40JunahuPosted 2/19/2013 6:27:13 PM
I sure would like a new controller with the Gamecube's button layout. So, if they release one, I'll buy it.