Mario Party U

#1HammerBrozPosted 2/15/2013 6:19:49 PM
What do you want from a hypothetical Mario Party for the Wii U?
#2Tsutarja495Posted 2/15/2013 6:23:41 PM
-No car, everyone moves individually
-Get rid of mini stars, bring back coins and stars

Basically rescind the changed Mario Party 9 made.
#3TCaC04Posted 2/15/2013 7:57:00 PM(edited)
Tsutarja495 posted...

^This

This is what I would do for MP10;

Since it is the 10th game, bring back all the characters that were in the previous games like Blooper, Hammer Bro, etc.

Bring back 1 board from each game MP1-MP9 (16 total, 9 classics and 6 new)

A lot of minigames, the most in a MP game ever. 200+

Online party game and minigame mode (if a human player leaves. a cpu will take over)

Bring back items (new and classic)

Since this #10, it should include elements from the past 9 games as a celebration of 10 years of Mario Party.
---
PSN: AZ_Killstreak_4
NNID: AZ_Commando_4
#4userfrigginamePosted 2/15/2013 7:57:30 PM
Well, for one: 1-on-3 mini-games pitting the gamepad user against the other 3 ppl.
#5BoomerTheGreatPosted 2/15/2013 8:05:41 PM
TCaC04 posted...
Tsutarja495 posted...

^This

This is what I would do for MP10;

Since it is the 10th game, bring back all the characters that were in the previous games like Blooper, Hammer Bro, etc.

Bring back 1 board from each game MP1-MP9 (16 total, 9 classics and 6 new)

A lot of minigames, the most in a MP game ever. 200+

Online party game and minigame mode (if a human player leaves. a cpu will take over)

Bring back items (new and classic)

Since this #10, it should include elements from the past 9 games as a celebration of 10 years of Mario Party.

You pretty much said it all lol. I agree. The only thing i would add is maybe stats for each guy but don't make one guy too strong.
---
Greatness comes from within
#6PSOLavisPosted 2/15/2013 8:14:04 PM
HammerBroz posted...
What do you want from a hypothetical Mario Party for the Wii U?

No more stupid games that rely 100% on luck. No more games that rely a large part on luck. More variety in game types. No more games based on how fast you can tap a button or twirl an analog stick. So, basically completely changing every single game in mario party.
#7NyyarkPosted 2/15/2013 8:19:10 PM
I'd like them to keep the board and meta game, but change everything else to be more like Wario Ware.

Or just be Sonic Shuffle.
#8Bahamut_10thPosted 2/15/2013 8:21:52 PM
-Remove generic Mario enemies being playable characters. Bigger roster doesn't equals good roster. I want real characters who are unique. Not one of a million others who are just like them.
-Cut down by A LOT on the luck factor for Minigames.
-Get rid of rubber-band single-player bad-luck.
-Let us beat the game by just having multiplayer fun with it, just like how it was before MP3 ruined everything. Being forced to beat solo in a party game is stupid.
-Bring back UNIQUE duel minigames. Don't just make a regular minigame a 1vs1 thing and call it a duel.
-Bowser should screw people over. Period. No helping out people just because they're not in first place. And less bowser spaces. I swear one third of the time I spent on MP9 boards was seeing someone land on a Bowser space.
#9leopoldsharkPosted 2/15/2013 8:27:51 PM
There should definitely be an online option, even though the real strength should come from local multiplayer. The GamePad should be used in the minigames in similar ways as Nintendoland as well as new ways. I also think the Wiimote is a much better fit than a controller, seeing as jacking off your remote is a lot better than button mashing or control stick spinning minigames anyway (my opinion :p). They sort of need to go big or go home with this one. They lost a lot of consumer faith with Mario Party 9 and they're going to have to get it back.