The after taste the Wii left with gamers are hurting the Wii U sales

#1tonysparksPosted 2/15/2013 6:01:10 PM
I'm one of them gamers who need to grab a new console as soon as it is released. My tradition was broken with the release of the Wii U. As I look at my Wii right now I'm still pissed at the lack of good games it had. I can't even name over 5 games I enjoyed on this console.

In my opinion this will have a negative effect on the Wii U sales. I'm not saying I will never buy a Wii U. I'm saying it will be a wait and see approach to buying a Wii U. I'm sure a lot of gamers feel the same way
---
Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They’re about to announce the lottery #s
#2emagdnEPosted 2/15/2013 6:02:56 PM
yep

and the causals left Nintendo in favor of iOS games.....

how does betrayal feel, Iwata?
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#3Baha05Posted 2/15/2013 6:03:53 PM
Wait and See effect is how most consoles start out.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4Rappy00Posted 2/15/2013 6:06:27 PM
Well if I ate my Wii it would leave a bad taste in my mouth too.
---
Nintendo ID:Rappy0
PSN:Rappy0 If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#5T_AcePosted 2/15/2013 6:06:43 PM
It's a mix of a lot of things. This though, is definitely one of them. Hopefully Nintendo will bounce back...but I don't expect them to anytime soon
---
"Favored by the world my ass...I'm going to say it flat out. You're nothing but a worthless criminal!!!"
#6FenderMasterPosted 2/15/2013 6:08:35 PM
It's very likely that this is a big factor, moreso for the core fans than the casual fans.

A large proportion of the core fans were disappointed with Wii for having a sparse release schedule and poor third party support, so are now taking a wait and see approach for the WiiU.

The casual fans don't see the appeal of asymmetric local multiplayer, and don't care about maps, inventories or numeric keypads on the controller screen. And they certainly don't care about boost mode.

Nintendo won't convince the casuals, the WiiU just doesn't have the casual appeal, and they don't even know it's a new system anyway.

But they may yet win over the core audience. Reports of an underpowered system with potentially lackslustre third party support aren't doing them any favours, but release some must have games, like a great 3D Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Mario Kart and they'll easily sell another 20 million. More than ever it will come down to NIntendo's first party games to drive sales and make this a success.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#7Lelouch71Posted 2/15/2013 6:11:57 PM
Maybe but most launches tend to have slow starts up. The Wii U isn't any different.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#8tonysparks(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:12:07 PM
Baha05 posted...
Wait and See effect is how most consoles start out.

If Nintendo delivered with the Wii there would have not been any wait and see approach.
They sold over 95 million units with the Wii. If they have delivered on the content the Wii U would be on back orders right now. People would be still waiting to finally get a system.
---
Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They’re about to announce the lottery #s
#9Baha05Posted 2/15/2013 6:13:28 PM
tonysparks posted...
If Nintendo delivered with the Wii there would have not been any wait and see approach.They sold over 95 million units with the Wii. If they have delivered on the content the Wii U would be on back orders right now. People would be still waiting to finally get a system.

That's lifetime sales, it's unrealistic for new launch consoles to sell as well as the previous generation until a certain amount of time has passed.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#10mjc0961Posted 2/15/2013 6:15:18 PM
tonysparks posted...
I can't even name over 5 games I enjoyed on this console.

That's your problem. Most people who owned one and were there for more than Wii Sports and Wii Fit don't have that problem.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey