Do you guys think PS4/720 sales gonna be better than Wii U?

#1sjc1279Posted 2/15/2013 7:02:53 PM
I'm planning to get a PS4 this year, but all this negative news about nextgen consoles are starting to make me stick with my ps3/wii u for awhile. No used games, no backward compatibility. They better bring out bunch of AAA games at launch if they want people to buy it.
#2PangLaPosted 2/15/2013 7:06:28 PM
What does your title have to do with your post?
#3DTY3Posted 2/15/2013 7:07:31 PM
Responding to the title:

Eh not at first.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#4DilliciousPosted 2/15/2013 7:08:48 PM
It's really hard to say.
---
3DS FC:1504-6147-0115
Currently Playing: FE:A and Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask.
#5PSOLavisPosted 2/15/2013 7:10:02 PM
So your topic has nothing to do with the title, it is jsut a post for a fanboy to post rumours as facts and trying to ignite flaming.
#6Mavrick588Posted 2/15/2013 7:18:36 PM
I see a 3DS Vita Situation coming.
Where the 3DS didn't sell at first then sold great following the release of some good games, and the Vita (which everyone predicted would do better) sunk due to the expense and the lack of games.

The pre release situation is remarkably similar, so I think unfortunately the results will be the same. It's simply too expensive to develop games at the graphical level Sony and MS want, that's why so many studios have gone out of business this gen: dev costs are too high and the console makers need to adjust their expectations.
The only people who can afford to make those games are people like Epic who sell the engine everyone makes those games on.

Games take too long to come out when they are so expensive, and that's why Vita had such a hard time taking off and I think the same will be the case with the next gen. Even Wii U is suffering from the effect to some extent, and the more powerful the next consoles are, the worse the effect will be.
---
"Video-games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll"- Shigeru Miyamoto
#7mjc0961Posted 2/15/2013 7:19:25 PM
Mavrick588 posted...
I see a 3DS Vita Situation coming.
Where the 3DS didn't sell at first then sold great following the release of some good games, and the Vita (which everyone predicted would do better) sunk due to the expense and the lack of games.

The pre release situation is remarkably similar, so I think unfortunately the results will be the same. It's simply too expensive to develop games at the graphical level Sony and MS want, that's why so many studios have gone out of business this gen: dev costs are too high and the console makers need to adjust their expectations.
The only people who can afford to make those games are people like Epic who sell the engine everyone makes those games on.

Games take too long to come out when they are so expensive, and that's why Vita had such a hard time taking off and I think the same will be the case with the next gen. Even Wii U is suffering from the effect to some extent, and the more powerful the next consoles are, the worse the effect will be.

---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#8HykCraftPosted 2/15/2013 7:20:03 PM
sjc1279 posted...
I'm planning to get a PS4 this year, but all this negative news about nextgen consoles are starting to make me stick with my ps3/wii u for awhile. No used games, no backward compatibility. They better bring out bunch of AAA games at launch if they want people to buy it.

I think some made up consoles that don't exist yet have no chance against the Wii U.

Why? Because they don't exist yet.
---
www.twitch.tv/hykcraft
#9Baha05Posted 2/15/2013 7:20:36 PM
Maybe, though maybe not. It really depends if they push the consoles and if the positives outweigh the negatives, games, advertisement, etc.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#10lightningbugxPosted 2/15/2013 8:11:07 PM
The sales difference will depend on what games are released on them. If they have a line-up equivalent to what the Wii U had, then the sales will be equivalent.