Nintendo can't win in the west. (Read)

#1McRiddlesPosted 2/15/2013 10:45:46 PM
Not that they can't, but the battle of public perception they face is ridiculous. Go into any thread about the Wii U across the web and note what you see.

-"I wish they'd stop rehashing Mario and Zelda and give us something new!"

Two posts later, "I'll buy a Wii U when they release Mario and Zelda. Not worth it until then."

-"I wish they'd use some of their less-known IPs their fans love."

Three posts later, "Pikmin 3? Who cares?"

-"They need to drop the price. $350 is ridiculous for a console these days."

Next thread over, "I'd totally pay $500 for a PS4."

I could give examples all night. No matter what, the western gaming industry and it's fans hold Nintendo to insane double standards. They can't please anyone anymore.
---
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/McRiddles93
#2SagadegoPosted 2/15/2013 10:48:34 PM
Itt a bunch of whiny lil' brats whining over over nothing but whining.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#3MarioMan847Posted 2/15/2013 10:50:28 PM
Let's face it, the industry has imploded into complete stupidity. It doesn't matter what any company does in any situation or any time period, the controversy just won't end.
---
Video games are awesome.
#4WillWarePosted 2/15/2013 10:59:19 PM(edited)
This guy's got it figured out. Seriously, this should be mandatory reading for everyone on this board.
---
I'm not exactly "normal." Hope this isn't a problem.
Need something to do? Here's a maze: http://i.imgur.com/HSMCf.png
#5darkqueenhelbaPosted 2/15/2013 11:02:47 PM
The people that frequent these forums/boards are a very small percentile. It really has nothing to do with us. We're the most dedicated and diehard fans. Nintendo can "manage" with us alone. But they don't want to just "manage". Nintendo could continue with GCN numbers year after year, but we wouldn't get nearly as much from them as we do now. These extremists just love to blow things out of proportion.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#6TheRedneck14Posted 2/15/2013 11:09:37 PM
Its sad
---
Supreme Overlord of Generation 90's http://i47.tinypic.com/4gg404.jpg
Please call me Joe, I dislike my username on here.
#7sentoworfPosted 2/15/2013 11:30:16 PM
I honestly expected a Nintendoomed article
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#8RyuVegasPosted 2/15/2013 11:35:51 PM
MarioMan847 posted...
Let's face it, the industry has imploded into complete stupidity. It doesn't matter what any company does in any situation or any time period, the controversy just won't end.

This. Publishers and Manufacturers have been trying to make their cakes and eat them too... and if Microsoft's Next Xbox actually employs the "First Sold games all come with an activation code" BS that the rumors all point to them being the first ti implement it, then we may be very close to that possibility.

And I HATE how we, as gamers, just seem to accept these policies and pay the publishers like they deserve our money. They dont: our money should be EARNED by consequence of making good products. All I'm saying is the Music Industry changed thanks to Napster, and the TV Industry changed due to changing viewer habits and DVRs... so why is the Video Game Industry still so ass-backwards about this s***, essentially making every publisher different forms of crazy?

Sorry, that got a little ranty but I think I tied the points together.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: Fire Emblem: Awakening
"I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you." ~ XImperialDragon
#9Cyberxion_101Posted 2/15/2013 11:56:15 PM
MarioMan847 posted...

No doubt. And it really seems like Nintendo in particular bears the brunt of it. We're all of three months into the Wii U's lifespan and just about every gaming website on the internet is proclaiming the Wii U to be a failure of massive proportions.

Now, I'm not under the delusion that it's a runaway success or anything, but I do wonder why it doesn't appear to have occurred to the folks who write these articles that they may want to wait until it's been out a bit longer than three months before going all doomsday on the Wii U. After all, the PS3 also struggled quite a bit initially, but it's been doing pretty well for itself for awhile now. Do these folks not remember that, or is it that they just can't be bothered to give Nintendo the same benefit of the doubt?
---
I'd like to post something witty here, but I'm afraid you wouldn't get it.
#10wskingwsPosted 2/16/2013 12:15:54 AM
You're acting as if only one person posted all of that stuff you quoted. Sure they all like Nintendo but that doesn't mean they all agree on the same stuff. Opinions, ever heard of them? Everybody has a different one..
---
Twitter: @KINGSNATIONN