Would be nice to hear of a New Zelda game based on the tech demo

#1Auction SniperPosted 2/16/2013 1:15:27 AM
Remember when this first surfaced?
http://www.gamnesia.com/images/uploads/zelda_wii_u.jpg

I was hoping that this would be confirmed as an actual game.

Here's hoping it actally becomes a game instead of vanishing like the 2001 Spaceworld demo.
http://www.kasuto.net/image/archives/gamecube_zelda2.jpg
---
I sleep in a racing car, do you?
#2Someguy_13Posted 2/16/2013 2:09:56 AM
I would rather hope it uses a more stylized art style since they almost always look better.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#3mjc0961Posted 2/16/2013 3:57:26 AM
Someguy_13 posted...
I would rather hope it uses a more stylized art style since they almost always look better.

---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#4AceMosPosted 2/16/2013 4:05:27 AM
meh i hope they once again break the mold

maybe this time they can use that art style that is 10000s of tiny dots that make up an entire picture
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#5abbyhitterPosted 2/16/2013 4:55:21 AM
Yeah. I want the art style of Twilight Princess for the new Zelda Wii U game. I loved that dark, serious tone.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#6SS4_NamreppivPosted 2/16/2013 8:49:32 AM
I've noticed, every time Nintendo releases a Zelda tech demo, they usually throw a curve and do something totally different. Remember the demo used for the GameCube? We got Wind Waker, not a bad game, just totally different style, fast forward to now, we're getting a Wind Waker remake and a new game. IF Nintendo ever releases a tech demo using Wind Waker style graphics, then maybe, perhaps you will finally see a game along the likes of a proper realistic graphic engine. Of course I could be wrong.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#7Virus66Posted 2/16/2013 9:01:52 AM
AceMos posted...
meh i hope they once again break the mold

maybe this time they can use that art style that is 10000s of tiny dots that make up an entire picture

That's called pointillism. And how is that breaking the Zelda mold? I have no idea is this post is intended to be sarcastic or not...
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#8P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/16/2013 9:10:55 AM
Franchise producer Eiji Aonuma,citing the scope and ambition of this new project,declined to do a full unveiling of the Wii U Zelda entry,but provided some insight into his team's mission. In essence,Nintendo is "rethinking the conventions of Zelda." Ideas like dungeons needing to be completed in order,and Zelda adventures being single-player only,are being set aside as the team focuses on "returning to basics." The goal of all this,Aonuma said, was to create a reborn Zelda - and more details on this will be shared as the game comes together.

But that wasn't all Aonuma detailed about his new Zelda endeavor. He discussed Nintendo's new visual approach for the game,which apparently is completely unlike the HD demo shown at E3 2011,but wasn't ready to be shown at this time.

Aonuma noted this still-mysterious "new style" developed as his team experimented bringing Zelda's many graphical styles into HD. The producer said over time something entirely new and unique evolved. There are many questions - and it seems as though we have a while to wait. No release window of any kind was provided for this new game. But for now,we have a brief glimpse into the direction of the HD future of Zelda.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/01/23/new-hd-zelda-revealed-for-wii-u
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#9Ryan SiPosted 2/16/2013 9:45:17 AM
Even though the realistic look is what the majority of people want (at least in North America) and would give an HD Zelda cross-system (it won't just appeal to Nintendo fans like Skyward Sword) appeal....Nintendo will go with some cartoon, Disney Peter Pan - looking design and turn off everyone that doesn't already own a Wii U.
---
Currently Playing: Portal 2 (PC), DMC3 HD (PS3), Assassins Creed II (PC), Super Mario All-Stars (Wii)