The Wii U is Failing Because Nintendo Doesn't Listen

#1Dstylez2Posted 2/16/2013 3:57:54 AM
Now hear me out, my intention is not to troll, but this post is very critical of what Nintendo is doing with the Wii U. However, without constructive criticism would we really get anywhere productive in this life? The answer is no. This is why Nintendo fans need to call Nintendo out when they screw up and explain to them what they are doing wrong.

First thing's first. Out of everyone who reads this, who would enjoy a new Mother/Earthbound of the Wii U? Maybe a new Fzero on the Wii U? Metroid Wii U? Star Fox Wii U? What about a Pokemon RPG on the Wii U? Heck, what about a Pokemon MMO on the Wii U! That would be sweet wouldn't it? Basically where I'm going with this is that if all or even some of these games would have been released when the Wii U launched, it would have easily doubled the sales.

Sadly, the cold hard truth is that NONE of these games have even been ANNOUNCED! Really Nintendo? What does the Wii U offer to me to justify me purchasing your new console? I see literally no games on the Wii U that would make me even think about buying it... Surprisingly not even a new Zelda has been announced yet... The only good game that has been announced so far is Pikmin 3 and that's a good ways into the future.

My question is that when did it become acceptable to have such a pathetic game library launch in the gaming industry? If the games aren't there, the sales won't be there either. Who else is with me that if Nintendo put a Pokemon MMO on the Wii U that it would sell boat loads of consoles? Everyone I know would buy it, EVERYONE. However Nintendo is so out of touch with the fans, I guarantee that they will just release another lackluster pokemon stadium game on the Wii U that no one cares about... Like always...

The bottom line will always be the games. If the games are good, the console will sell. However the Wii U hasn't given us ANYTHING to look forward to other than Pikmin 3. If Nintendo wants to dig its way out of this hole they created, they need to start releasing games that the fans can actually look forward to playing. Until then, Like many hardcore gaming fans I will just pass the Wii U by and save my money for something worthwhile.
---
Pokemon SS friend code: 3868 0319 8173
#2AceMosPosted 2/16/2013 4:04:39 AM
the wii u isnt failiing its only 3 months old come back in a year if its sales are still low then you may have a point

and almost all of your ideas appeal to a small section of the nintedo fan base
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#3Dstylez2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 4:07:34 AM
The Wii U has had the lowest unit sales last month in 10 years. Really? all those Nintendo classic franchises appeal to a small number of buyers? I completely disagree with that. Ok then tell me what games the Wii U has that appeal to a large number of people?
---
#4TrueBlue91Posted 2/16/2013 4:09:11 AM
Regarding Wii: "It's about the GAMES!"

Regarding Wii U: "Well, um... the...? HA VITA SELLS BAD! HA!"
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#5wurmtokenPosted 2/16/2013 4:10:23 AM
First thing I thought of was Navi floating around the Nintendo HQ going "Hey! Listen!"
#6BonezWellPosted 2/16/2013 4:14:48 AM
Now hear me out, my intention is not to troll, but this post is very critical of what Nintendo is doing with the Wii U. However, without constructive criticism would we really get anywhere productive in this life? The answer is no. This is why Nintendo fans need to call Nintendo out when they screw up and explain to them what they are doing wrong.

First thing's first. Out of everyone who reads this, who would enjoy a new Mother/Earthbound of the Wii U? Maybe a new Fzero on the Wii U? Metroid Wii U? Star Fox Wii U? What about a Pokemon RPG on the Wii U? Heck, what about a Pokemon MMO on the Wii U! That would be sweet wouldn't it? Basically where I'm going with this is that if all or even some of these games would have been released when the Wii U launched, it would have easily doubled the sales.

- So because these have haven't been announced yet, they will never happen? They have to save some surprises for E3, time after that etc. Besides, developing games like these cost time so expecting 3 or more AAA games at launch is just idiotic. That has never been the case and will never be the case either.

Surprisingly not even a new Zelda has been announced yet... The only good game that has been announced so far is Pikmin 3 and that's a good ways into the future.

- Zelda Wind Waker HD, confirmation that they are working on another Zelda game doesn't count? Also, Monster Hunter, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Yoshi's Wii U game, X, New Mario Kart/New 3D Mario and more aren't good games that have been announced? Have you even seen the Nintendo Direct about these games?

My question is that when did it become acceptable to have such a pathetic game library launch in the gaming industry? If the games aren't there, the sales won't be there either. Who else is with me that if Nintendo put a Pokemon MMO on the Wii U that it would sell boat loads of consoles? Everyone I know would buy it, EVERYONE.

- Launches are never filled with AAA games, never. No console to date has had multiple musthaves at launch. Also, get this: the 20 people that you know that would buy a game is not representative for the millions and millions of gamers out there.

The bottom line will always be the games. If the games are good, the console will sell. However the Wii U hasn't given us ANYTHING to look forward to other than Pikmin 3.

- Again, check the Nintendo Direct and be patient for E3 and such. A lot of games are coming and the list will just continue. Ignoring the rest and stating that Pikmin 3 is all that is coming is just.... unbelievable.

You seem ignorant for alot of your rant and you should investigate the market and Nintendo's plans a bit more before stating so many mistakes in one post.
---
Please note: The above post may contain sarcasm.
Please use your senses to determine if this is the case or not.
#7Dstylez2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 4:20:24 AM
^^^
The gamecube had 3 AAA titles at launch which I all had. Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, Super Smash Bros Melee. So you are completely wrong about that. Since all those were at the launch, I bought the GC at launch.

Also Windwaker HD isn't a new zelda... It's the same game that I already own on the GC with better graphics. That will definitely not move consoles....
---
#8VoelgerPosted 2/16/2013 4:35:12 AM
Xbox360 had Kameo. They had no AAA games... Oh Perfect Sark Zero.... Ha!
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#9Shadowbird_RHPosted 2/16/2013 4:44:01 AM(edited)
Launches are characterized by small libraries, among other things.
Games take time and resources to make, and your expectations are unrealistic.
On top of the above, like any creative work, making games requires inspiration. To work on games as dictated by consumer demand without sufficient inspiration would result in inferior games.

Enjoy what few titles are available in Wii U's infancy, and when that runs dry, play games elsewhere. Between my PS2, PS3, DS, 3DS, Wii, and PSP, I'm overwhelmed with worthwhile titles I've yet to even start, let alone finish. I could have probably gone years without buying a Wii U, but I wanted my Wii games playable in another room, so I bought one early. The Wii U hasn't failed to meet my expectations, because I know what to expect from a launch console. It's astounding that so many people lack that knowledge.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#10ChipChippersonPosted 2/16/2013 4:43:33 AM
Voelger posted...
Xbox360 had Kameo. They had no AAA games... Oh Perfect Sark Zero.... Ha!

And the PS3 had nothing but Resistance for almost a year and a half until Uncharted came out. It's not a bad game but unless you wanted Blazing Angels, Untold Legends or a mediocre port of FEAR, the pickings were quite slim. Don't forget to add no rumble in the controllers and an online architecture that was non-existent at best and the PS3 had hands down the worst launch in recent memory.

And look where they are now.

Anybody who says the U had a crap launch and is willing to write the epitaph after 3 months obviously doesn't even have the memory that god gave a goldfish.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.