This launch is almost as bad as the N64 launch.

#100bularn00bularPosted 2/16/2013 5:16:43 AM
I thought there would be more games out for this thing by now but there's almost nothing notable. My Vita and my 3ds are getting all of my attention now and the WiiU is already collecting dust. The only upside is that the WiiU launch actually had some fun games to play. I don't like Mario too much but my girlfriend brought over the new one and we played some co-op. And I'll be picking up Ninja Gaiden after the free DLC launches.

Meanwhile, the N64 launched with two bad games and had nothing to play for almost a year. I wish Nintendo would learn from Sony and make good launches for their systems.
---
Sonic's Earth IS Earth. This has been proven through science~Nacho_Burger
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 2/16/2013 5:31:26 AM
-Sony
-Good launches

Nice try.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#3G1ingyPosted 2/16/2013 5:33:07 AM
What is this like your first launch ever TC?

Or do you have such short term memory that you completely forgot about all the previous generations in their launch?
#4Dstylez2Posted 2/16/2013 5:33:13 AM
The PS3's launch was actually really terrible. It took sony a long time to recover from it....
---
Pokemon SS friend code: 3868 0319 8173
#5UmitenchoPosted 2/16/2013 5:34:25 AM
Excuse me if I am wrong but didn't the Ps1 do bad until FF7 came out? All it takes is one game and swoosh, sells like hot cakes.
#6KAMMYqueenPosted 2/16/2013 5:41:33 AM
00bularn00bular posted...
I thought there would be more games out for this thing by now but there's almost nothing notable. My Vita and my 3ds are getting all of my attention now and the WiiU is already collecting dust. The only upside is that the WiiU launch actually had some fun games to play. I don't like Mario too much but my girlfriend brought over the new one and we played some co-op. And I'll be picking up Ninja Gaiden after the free DLC launches.

Meanwhile, the N64 launched with two bad games and had nothing to play for almost a year. I wish Nintendo would learn from Sony and make good launches for their systems.

another idiiot who bought this at launch without seeing if there was alot of games for this thing to keep him busy than come on here to whine to us about it
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa must be in Super Smash bros 4! For the People!
#700bularn00bular(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 5:53:24 AM
The ps2 and Vita launches were great. WiiU is probably the best Nintendo console launch. But that's easy to say because the others have all been so bad. Especially the n64.

KAMMYqueen posted...

another idiiot who bought this at launch without seeing if there was alot of games for this thing to keep him busy than come on here to whine to us about it

The games I wanted to buy in the launch window were all delayed. Go on amazon and I'll buy your crystal ball from you.
---
Sonic's Earth IS Earth. This has been proven through science~Nacho_Burger
#8SxmfctPosted 2/16/2013 5:53:51 AM
N64 launch had Mario 64

I didn't care about any other game for a few months at least
---
"We play the game without having to worry about viruses, system instability, OS deterioration, Compatibility issues, or crappy controls." - 95_Eclipse
#9trenkenPosted 2/16/2013 5:56:56 AM(edited)
Something tells me you didnt buy an N64 at launch. It was awesome! First of all, it launched with one of the greatest games of all time, and is still to this day the most hyped game Ive ever seen. You dont exactly switch dimensions in games every day. It was an amazing time to be a gamer, to be there for that shift, and Ill take 1 AAA quality launch game over 25 crappy ports and lame exclusives any day.

And then after Mario 64 they kept pumping great stuff out. Turok, Star Wars, Mario Kart, Wave Race, Star Fox. These games were all within the first year. What do we get in the U's first year? Monster Hunter (would care if I were Japanese), and Pikmin, a second tier franchise for Nintendo, and a freaking Lego game (Im not 5 year old). ZZZZzzzzzzz

Sorry, N64 mopped the floor with the U.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#10mjc0961Posted 2/16/2013 6:02:18 AM
My Vita and my 3ds are getting all of my attention now

Hmm... As someone who also has a Vita and a 3DS, I'm willing to bet it's more like "My 3DS is getting all of my attention now."
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey