No system since the NES ......

#21DifferentialEquationPosted 2/16/2013 9:49:21 AM(edited)
Baha05 posted...

True but honestly at this point in gaming graphics look fine, kind of a peek. I don't think we'll see cutscene level graphics for a while and realistic looking games even long and then graphics would cap out.

I've been saying that since the PS1 days...

Graphics do matter. They're not everything and gameplay is #1, but something like Crysis, for example, is made more enjoyable just because of how amazing the game looks
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#22Baha05Posted 2/16/2013 9:52:31 AM
DifferentialEquation posted...
I've been saying that since the PS1 days...

Graphics do matter. They're not everything and gameplay is #1, but something like Crysis, for example, is made more enjoyable just because of how amazing the game looks

Yeah in a sense of artistic style and if it complements the gameplay. Hell New Vegas for example looks ok, but it's still has great game play. Something like Fable 3 had a nice art style, but had horrible gameplay elements.

I think at some point we'll have consoles graphic levels cap and work more on gameplay and how a game runs, which is honestly why graphics don't matter as much. Hell you could get lazy and have a unique art style and make a game good.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U