Dakko Dakko Unveils "Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails"

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/16/2013 9:07:33 AM
Developer Dakko Dakko, best known for the PlayStation Network title Floating Cloud God, revealed their newest project, Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails for Wii U.

It is the company’s bold first crack at the Nintendo console and has promoted the company to an official Wii U developer.

The game itself, beyond having a very bizarre working title, is said to play similar to that of a simulation game. The best example that immediately comes to mind is Pokemon Snap for Nintendo 64. Essentially, players take control of the buddy on rails that must traverse the railed path, while passing items onto Scram Kitty in order to advance.

[adsense250itp]Dakko Dakko has mentioned a strong focus on shooting, making the game a bizarre mix between a rail-riding platformer and a first-person shooter, challenging players to choose the right paths while firing colorful ammunition at enemies and obstacles.

The relatively small-time developer has chosen the path of Nintendo’s Wii U console due to the unique GamePad capabilities that allow the game to be enjoyed to a greater degree with its dual screens. The GamePad will function as the player’s tools and action commands while the TV display will feature Scram Kitty and the course in front of the player.

Hitting targets and progressing through a level will be accompanied by vibrant art by none other than Army of Trolls’ Gary Lucken as well as humorous commentary.

A strong focus on Miiverse implementation has also been noted by the developer, with player accomplishments transferring into accomplishment items for friends, similar to the system used in many Facebook games in which players utilize social aspects of their platform.

While Dakko Dakko still has not revealed any gameplay or real footage from Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails, a logo for the game was unveiled. The Wii U title is expected to launch on Nintendo’s eShop later this year.

http://gamingillustrated.com/dakko-dakko-unveils-scram-kitty-and-his-buddy-on-rails/
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#2P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 9:37:03 AM
Bump
---
#3muffinmasherPosted 2/16/2013 9:40:00 AM
Nice to see so much Eshop support coming out.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#4SS4_NamreppivPosted 2/16/2013 9:40:39 AM
Interesting.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#5Enigma149Posted 2/16/2013 9:43:31 AM
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
Interesting.

Yes...this is the best way to put it.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#6P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 9:49:02 AM
Here's a quote from the developers

"Our new game came into being almost as soon as I heard about the Wii U and its GamePad. I’ve long been fascinated by the different experiences made possible when playing a game in your hands compared with playing on a TV, and the chance to combine the best of both worlds in a brand-new HD action game was irresistible."
---
#7Virus66Posted 2/16/2013 9:53:13 AM
Despite how much I read about this game, I still really have no idea what it is -_-
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#8Final Fantasy2389Posted 2/16/2013 9:54:03 AM
Cool. Good to see more support and the game sounds relatively interesting. Will be interested to read/see more news as it gets closer to release.
---
Former WWE Diva and BJJ Blue Belt. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/J38z1u | http://bit.ly/KIjaFT |
#9P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 9:54:46 AM
The Nintendo Difference

When it comes to big console companies embracing indies, Broadbent's got a clear-minded view. "Mid-tier developers have had a hard time the last few years, so they need to start fostering the smaller ones to become the new mid-tier - and to recreate the games industry - if they want to have a games console industry."

So what's Nintendo's support like compared to Sony's, a company that's famously good when it comes to dealing with smaller developers? "I wasn't expecting it to be there in the same way that it was with Sony, and it turns out that it is there. Sony's forums are slightly more advanced, and more busy, but the general feeling is that Nintendo's at the same level. Mostly it's in game design -they're intrigued and interested in what you're bringing to the platform, and they have interesting questions. With us they've been very involved and interested in what we're doing."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-13-meet-scram-kitty-the-game-that-proves-the-wii-us-got-a-bright-future

Read this to learn more about the game and the developer's experience with Nintendo
---
#10Virus66Posted 2/16/2013 10:05:10 AM
I've heard that Nintendo has drastically changed their approach when it comes to dealing with other studios and developers, and from the sound of things, it seems to be paying off. Not only are indie developers liking the platform and support, even the higher tier developers like Namco, Criterion and Atlus and doing amazing things.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?