Why the Ubisoft hate? Anyone remember The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

#1tonysparksPosted 2/16/2013 8:55:08 AM
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was delayed for a year so Nintendo could release it on the Wii. I don't remember this much of a backlash from that move.
---
Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They’re about to announce the lottery #s
#2vidalmorazaPosted 2/16/2013 8:56:05 AM
I do remember, maybe not at the same level, but there was a huge uproar in the interwebz
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#3Baha05Posted 2/16/2013 8:57:08 AM
Don't remember the backlash for TP but the delay in that game made more sense.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4Enigma149Posted 2/16/2013 8:57:09 AM
Actually, there was plenty of backlash.

But at least with Twilight Princess they kept adding onto the game as it was delayed (for example, I don't believe the colored Twilight Realm was added until early 2006). And at least those delays were announced half a year in advance, not half a month.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#5darkjedilinkPosted 2/16/2013 8:57:26 AM
tonysparks posted...
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was delayed for a year so Nintendo could release it on the Wii. I don't remember this much of a backlash from that move.

The GC version of TP wasn't completely finished, then delayed for no reason right before it was supposed to launch.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#6P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/16/2013 8:58:39 AM
Anybody remember when TC made this exact same thread already?
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#7DFMan456Posted 2/16/2013 8:58:45 AM
Only our great Lord Nintendo knows what is best for their loyal fans. It is not our role to question, but to have faith and believe. Must they delay, then delay they shall! Praise Iwata!
#8tonysparks(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 8:59:44 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Anybody remember when TC made this exact same thread already?

no but can you post a link?
---
Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They’re about to announce the lottery #s
#9nickvd8Posted 2/16/2013 8:59:57 AM
The backlash for Ubi is because they delayed a finished product for a stupid reason. When the developer of the game agrees with the backlash then you know the internet is actually right for once. Doesn't happen often but in this case, yup.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#10Virus66Posted 2/16/2013 9:00:02 AM
With Rayman, it's more of Ubisoft's reasoning behind the delay.

"Well, we had enough fans b**** about not getting a PS3/360 release... and despite this game being completely done and about to release in 2 weeks, we are just gonna wait for 7 months. Remember, this is for 'the fans'."

Zelda wasn't a finished game when it got delayed, as mentioned above.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?