Dako Dako sees a bright future in the Wii U

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/16/2013 8:57:20 AM
"Video games are something to be cherished and celebrated, and there's no one better at doing that than Nintendo. It's that simple - it only takes one game to turn a platform around. People will buy a platform for one game, and when they've got the system they'll buy more games. It's just about finding that one game." That one game might not have revealed itself just yet, but if the Wii U can become the home for smart, quirky and unique fare like Dakko Dakko's Scram Kitty, then maybe its future is brighter than we'd all hoped."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-13-meet-scram-kitty-the-game-that-proves-the-wii-us-got-a-bright-future
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#2BrasenPosted 2/16/2013 9:01:51 AM
I know for RPGers that one game is sure to be Monolith's "X" and/or Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. I had to change undees when I seen those two announced!
#3Virus66Posted 2/16/2013 9:02:56 AM
Brasen posted...
I know for RPGers that one game is sure to be Monolith's "X" and/or Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. I had to change undees when I seen those two announced!

I could see SMT fans flocking to Nintendo platforms for SMT x FE and SMT4, that's for sure. Imagine if Persona 5 came to Wii U O_o
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#4DifferentialEquationPosted 2/16/2013 9:06:23 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
People will buy a platform for one game, and when they've got the system they'll buy more games.

Wii Sports begs to differ. Huge system seller and a lot of people who bought it for Wii Sports bought very little else.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#5hellbringherPosted 2/16/2013 9:12:59 AM
Can't wait for the third topic about this.
---
Currently playing ~ Syndicate
#6P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 1:43:10 PM
Bump
---
#7rudgerlightPosted 2/16/2013 1:45:53 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
People will buy a platform for one game, and when they've got the system they'll buy more games.

Wii Sports begs to differ. Huge system seller and a lot of people who bought it for Wii Sports bought very little else.

Uh, the attach ratio for the system begs to differ. It may not be as high as 360 or PS3, but it's only off by a game or two and it sold 50% more units. This argument is tired. Like you completely forget that Just Dance 4 was a top selling Wii game only last year.
#8OtakuGameraPosted 2/16/2013 1:51:49 PM
of course they say that to promote their game
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#9rudgerlightPosted 2/16/2013 1:53:23 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
of course they say that to promote their game

The game won't be out for a year. With that much time, if they didn't believe in the system, they'd make the game for something else. (this doesn't mean anything about the quality of the game itself)
#10P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 6:42:34 AM
bump
---