Dare I ask how many Wii Us have been sold total

#11NemerlightPosted 2/16/2013 11:45:46 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
3 mil.
So, I guess, that makes 3.5 million units sold. That's actually not half bad, considering. The 360 sold somewhere around 200k units in January, but that's because it has a high install base, not to mention, a very high failure rate, so some of the people that bought one, probably bought it to replace their previous console. On top of that, you only actually need ONE Wii U. The entire family will share it.

I've never understood it, but for some reason, I know families that have purchased the same console, for multiple children, so that each one has a 360. I guess people have never heard of multiplayer before.

So 360 doesnt support coach multiplayer?
---
Chivarly: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#12colis12Posted 2/16/2013 11:50:55 AM(edited)
So roughly ~2 million have been sold to actual consumers between Nov-Dec, it then sells between 50-60k total for the entirety of a
5-week month in the US, expected to do even worse in Feb...that is honestly quite bad considering there are no must have titles that will push sales for the next few months..

It's also selling roughly 12k (steadily falling) weekly in Japan and I can only imagine doing just as bad everywhere else... how do they expect to hit that 4 million mark by March or was it 5 million...I just don't see how it's possible.
---
pie good
#13P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/16/2013 12:11:55 PM
I don't know who's ass you people are pulling that 2 million number from but it's not correct. It's sold well over 3 million and can easily reach it's goal by March's end.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#14MelkacPosted 2/16/2013 12:14:27 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I don't know who's ass you people are pulling that 2 million number from but it's not correct. It's sold well over 3 million and can easily reach it's goal by March's end.

They're GameFAQS users duh
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#15PSOLavisPosted 2/16/2013 12:14:51 PM

3 Million to markey is not the same as 3 million to consumers. Sorry, but those two numbers are not the same. Just becuase you are a Nintendo fanboy with buyer's remorse that needs to justify his purchase does not change that. 3 Million have been sold to businesses (Best Buy, Fry's Electronics, Walmart, Target, etc).
#16P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/16/2013 12:45:21 PM(edited)
PSOLavis posted...

3 Million to markey is not the same as 3 million to consumers. Sorry, but those two numbers are not the same. Just becuase you are a Nintendo fanboy with buyer's remorse that needs to justify his purchase does not change that. 3 Million have been sold to businesses (Best Buy, Fry's Electronics, Walmart, Target, etc).

I'm going to ignore the fact that you're a troll and ask for two things.
1)A source that the number provided is shipped and not sold units
2)A source that states there are only 2 million units sold with evidence

I've proven my case. Where's yours?
---
#17excitebike64Posted 2/16/2013 3:41:08 PM
it looks like at least 2.6 million to actual consumers. That's still over half of 5 million.

But I suspect Nintendo was basing their numbers on shipped, for the original 5.5 million guess. That number is over 3 million.
#18geneticsftwPosted 2/16/2013 3:51:56 PM
excitebike64 posted...
it looks like at least 2.6 million to actual consumers. That's still over half of 5 million.

But I suspect Nintendo was basing their numbers on shipped, for the original 5.5 million guess. That number is over 3 million.

Is there a post that breaks down how the companies do the reports? Do they get paid for shipping them or do they just say that to inflate numbers?
---
Sweet
#19SocranPosted 2/16/2013 4:39:32 PM(edited)
geneticsftw posted...
Is there a post that breaks down how the companies do the reports? Do they get paid for shipping them or do they just say that to inflate numbers?

They do get paid for shipping them. It's essentially the number that they've sold to stores, as opposed to the number the stores sold to consumers.

Oni_Taedo posted...
3 mil.
So, I guess, that makes 3.5 million units sold.

I think you missed a decimal point. 50,000 = 0.05 million. So 3 million + 50,000 = 3.05 million.

Assuming that was the math you used.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#20P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/16/2013 4:29:49 PM
Sony normally states "We've shipped so-and-so many units"
These are Consolidated Sales Nintendo is providing. Here's the breakdown.

Japan - 830k from Dec8-Dec31
US - 1.32m from Nov18-Dec31
Other - 900k from Nov30-Dec31
Total - 3.06 Million Combined Sales
---