won't the wiiu win in price, vs next box and ps4?

#1hydra_dragonPosted 2/16/2013 9:28:41 AM
I work in retail, and people don't care about quality anymore. They say, give me the cheapest computer, or give me the cheapest tablet. Sometimes I tell them, it is the cheapest, but it sucks and they should go with x item, but they say, i don't care about the quality, I just want the cheapest. This isn't just a few people. It seems the mass majority of people I talk to want the cheapest.

With the Wiiu, more than likely, going to be the cheapest, shouldn't it sell more?
---
Snitches are everywhere on GameFAQs
#2iKhanicPosted 2/16/2013 9:33:39 AM
Yep.

I'll bet the PS3 is $450 at a minimum, while the XBOX720 will be $400 at a minimum.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#3plasmatic5Posted 2/16/2013 9:35:21 AM
That's one of the many reasons the Wii outsold 360 and PS3 by so much...it also was great for casual gaming but the lower price helped a ton. If the PS4 and 720 are more expensive, it will cause problems for them.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#4The_DjokerPosted 2/16/2013 9:37:37 AM
lol no. Wii U is already expensive. Wi U is $300-350. Wii was $250. NExt gen consoles will be around $350-400 mark. Wii was almost half the price of PS3/360. Wi U isn't and You have to consider Wi U is competing with $150 360's and $250 PS3's.

If the Wii U drops to $200 then sure.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#5RyuVegasPosted 2/16/2013 9:39:35 AM
I would probably bet money they are trying to find a Hardware Configuration before each respective console goes golden and into production that would be Equivocal to the $350 Nintendo had the Deluxe WiiU at right now. Because if they don't compete directly with price again then the WiiU will outsell them so fast. I'd even bet to say their LOWEST SKU's are probably going to be $350 while the higher ones will be more. Yea... I would bet money that's what Sony and Microsoft are doing... unless they want to shoot themselves in the proverbial foot.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: Fire Emblem: Awakening
"I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you." ~ XImperialDragon
#6DiscostewSMPosted 2/16/2013 9:40:40 AM
It kinda depends on what the other other for that extra cost over the Wii U. The Wii may have been cheaper, but the PS3 at launch had Bluray at a price less than standalone players. The 360 had their online service.

If all 3 simply do games, then their price will be more of a factor than their capability at gaming. If they do a few things that are unique, then people may pay that extra for those features.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#7SegavsCapcomPosted 2/16/2013 9:41:19 AM
Maybe, maybe not. We can't tell until we see official specs.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#8Virus66Posted 2/16/2013 9:43:55 AM
People underestimate the average person's frugality. I've seen people not buy candy because it wasn't on sale. That $.10 made the difference. People go bats*** crazy over saving money. At the higher end, $100 is a huge gap and you better bet that it will sway a lot of people who don't particularly care strongly for either brand.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#9excitebike64Posted 2/16/2013 9:50:35 AM(edited)
The_Djoker posted...
lol no. Wii U is already expensive. Wi U is $300-350. Wii was $250. NExt gen consoles will be around $350-400 mark. Wii was almost half the price of PS3/360. Wi U isn't and You have to consider Wi U is competing with $150 360's and $250 PS3's.

If the Wii U drops to $200 then sure.

I see no 360s going for 150. They had some briefly cheap during the holidays, but now they are priced just like the PS3s.

If talking about the 100 dollar subscription option, those don't sell well in this area.

And you are dreaming if any of the two go for 350. Even the PS4 is geared for a 400+ price mark. Get real.
#10Golden MavenPosted 2/16/2013 9:52:23 AM
Virus66 posted...
At the higher end, $100 is a huge gap and you better bet that it will sway a lot of people who don't particularly care strongly for either brand.

Who are we talking about, here? If you're talking about your average "core" gamer, they tend to be a little more savvy than that and WILL evaluate the value of the product. If the PS4 is $50 more expensive than the Wii-U yet is 4X more powerful and guaranteed to get proper 3rd party support, any gamer will get it over the Wii-U.

The Wii sold well because it targeted the masses successfully. The Wii-U only has Nintendo fanboys (already got most of them) and core gamers to sell to. I'm personally expecting GameCube level of success. The Wii-U might become the secondary console for a lot of people once the 1st party titles start pouring in.

My point is, the lower price alone won't translate into massive success like the Wii, that's wishful thinking.