Can you play e-shop games offline?

#1thepixelgardenPosted 2/16/2013 12:20:47 PM
I ask this because I used to love playing Minecraft on the Xbox 360 with my friends online. However, one day my account became blocked, and the solution it gave me only led me to a dead end. I became frustrated and just decided to play it offline temporarily.

That's when I discovered that I couldn't. Even though I had paid for the game I was unable to play it without being online. Honestly, this is enough to make Microsoft lose my business. So that's why I'm wondering if you can play Wii U games, both retail and e-shop, offline. It's a big factor in whether I get the system or not.
#2RikuWOblivion2Posted 2/16/2013 12:21:29 PM
Yes, you can.
---
Just call my name, you'll be okay, your scream is BURNING through my veins
http://www.centsports.com/ref/673351
#3thepixelgarden(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 1:35:21 PM
Ok cool, thank you.
#4MARl0Posted 2/16/2013 1:51:15 PM
You can play Xbox Live Arcade games offline. It's on a game by game basis. It's not MS's fault when a publisher forces it. Same with Nintendo.
---
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
#5Darkside_ShadowPosted 2/16/2013 1:59:39 PM
Nah I play Minecraft offline all the time. I works fine. You just gotta "confirm" your account or something. I forgot how. It in account settings i believe. But google, "playing Xbox 360 arcade games offline". And you should be able to work it out.
#6Darkside_ShadowPosted 2/16/2013 2:01:37 PM
Darkside_Shadow posted...
Nah I play Minecraft offline all the time. I works fine. You just gotta "confirm" your account or something. I forgot how. It in account settings i believe. But google, "playing Xbox 360 arcade games offline". And you should be able to work it out.

oops didn't see your account got blocked. Well you shouldn't have done that...
#7Petey_MeanisPosted 2/16/2013 2:03:20 PM(edited)
From: Darkside_Shadow | Posted: 2/16/2013 5:01:37 PM | #006

why did you quote and respond to yourself?
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#8thepixelgarden(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 4:31:45 PM

I didn't do anything. I only ever communicate with two people on my Xbox Live account. So I've no idea why it says my account is suspected of SPAM.