Actually thrilled Wii U is kind of failing right now..

#1loki0078Posted 2/16/2013 3:19:58 PM
Before im digitally beheaded, HOLD UP! lol. Im a life long (now adult) Nintendo fan. I think the pressure Nintendo is feeling will bring us fans great things. I do not believe the big N will just roll over and die. I think there is no mistaking the recent slap in the face they are taking by the masses and the media. I dont believe that people dont "get" the gamepad as has been suggested. They MUST now realize that HD and easy online connectivity are not optional for one... FINALLY.
Also, OBVIOUSLY, there arent any games that have real appeal presently. Yay for announcements, but really its gonna be a LOONG time before the X, Mariokart, Smash Bros., 3d Mario or Zelda (and no WW doesnt really count), nevermind the as yet unannounced Metroid, Fzero or Starfox.
I did buy mine already (because honestly i thought the virtual console would surely be robust by now....nope. Balloon nes game...really?) But why would anyone want to buy a $350+ system only to wait until NEXT Xmas for really awesome games? Lego maybe, Pikmin maybe, Bayonetta yes, 101 maybe..... what else?
I hope they take this pressure to heart and realize they are NOT untouchable, AND i hope Sony and Micro(transaction)soft release GREAT looking games to even further stress the big N so that they may step up with a halo killing metroid or an epic Pokemon big screen RPG, for example(s)
Nintendo has always kinda been the real "chocolate factory" of imagination in gaming to me and I want them to succeed more than anything because i want their AAA games over all others. Im glad the WiiU is failing so that they may realign, get back in touch with the masses of fans and conquer and succeed with their trademark brilliance.
Also- heres my billion dollar 2 cent idea- how AHmazing would a Lego Nintendo Universe game be?!?! lego Zelda, Goombas, Toads, Ganon, Donkey Kong, Fox Mcloud, Pikachu, Mother Brain!!! etc. It would be F*%*#!* EPIC!! (and yes people in gaming power who can make this happen can send me donations for genius billion dollar idea;)
#2HELZEROPosted 2/16/2013 3:24:17 PM
I sincerely hope Nintendo learns from the Wii U and releases a seriously stacked (spec wise) console, although frankly waiting another 5-10 years seems to be pushing it for me. If they cannot do this however, I think Nintendo as a third party is inevitable although not necessarily a good thing.
#3TerotrousPosted 2/16/2013 3:28:19 PM
To be honest, they are pretty untouchable. In 6 months when the first of those announced games start releasing they'll be on top of the world again, and they know it.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#4iKhanicPosted 2/16/2013 3:29:15 PM
DON'T READ THE OP!
BURN HIM! BURN HIM!
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#5Wiiplayer111Posted 2/16/2013 3:31:11 PM
3D Mario and Mario Kart will have playable demos at E3. They'll probably be out this year. Then again people can't wait 28 days without whining so I guess it is forever to some.

loki0078 posted...
Also, OBVIOUSLY, there arent any games that have real appeal presently.

NSMBU, Nintendoland, Lego City, ZombiU, Wonderful 101, MH, are what sold me on the system. And considering at least 3 million people have one of these, they must have been sold on at least one game.

HELZERO posted...
I sincerely hope Nintendo learns from the Wii U and releases a seriously stacked (spec wise) console

I hope not. It'll suffer what PS3 did. Be a joke for three years with an outrageous price and no games. While people mock it for being so expensive and already weaker than a PC.

The Wii U will probably be like the 3DS. Slow start then a constant list of heavy hitters.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#6ImGanondorfLolPosted 2/16/2013 3:33:01 PM
I understand your reasoning, but I'm worried that would just head towards the other direction which would be focusing on a bunch of Mii games or any other games that would attract non-gamers. It seems like they're finally focusing on games gamers want again. I hate to use those terms but it's the easiest way for me to try to explain it. I can only recall one first party game that's a "non-gamer" title, Wii Fit U, the rest has been Nintendo goodness.
#7loki0078(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 3:41:50 PM
They'll pull out a success somehow. The EVENTUAL line up will rock, and I really wouldnt b surprised at all if it becomes a huge hit once theres a big (HD updated would b nice) VC library and console games out that everyone didnt already play on their 360's.
Their NEXT home console however, whenever that is, will be the Nintendo make or breaker. By that point system specs can only go so far when considering the length of time and cost to make games utilizing that power. Itll b all about SUPER easy connectivity and the gameplay.
#8darkjedilinkPosted 2/16/2013 3:42:21 PM
A million units a month is "failing?"

Someone tell Sony!
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#9PhoenixRushPosted 2/16/2013 3:45:57 PM
Pokemon X and Y will save them as usual.
---
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo
#10Beatperson14Posted 2/16/2013 3:46:57 PM
I agree man. Can't wait to see the GameCube 2