Actually thrilled Wii U is kind of failing right now..

#11Fray_MakenPosted 2/16/2013 3:47:51 PM
If the Game Cube era is any indication, Nintendo has a very bad tendency to rush games to release before there finished when they are pressured.
#12G1ingyPosted 2/16/2013 3:49:58 PM
If the Virtual Boy couldn't kill Nintendo, I can't see how the Wii U can...especially since it's actually doing pretty well for a launch.

You can't expect every console to be as innovative and groundbreaking as the Wii.(and before MS and Sony fanboys tries to deny this, look at your own company shelling out the Move and Kinect)
#13Beatperson14Posted 2/16/2013 3:54:03 PM
G1ingy posted...
If the Virtual Boy couldn't kill Nintendo, I can't see how the Wii U can...especially since it's actually doing pretty well for a launch.

You can't expect every console to be as innovative and groundbreaking as the Wii.(and before MS and Sony fanboys tries to deny this, look at your own company shelling out the Move and Kinect)

You know why they did that? Not because of 'inovashun,' because they understand something Ninty doesn't.

Multiplats.
#14darknight06Posted 2/16/2013 7:55:51 PM
I'm not thrilled. Reason being, it's because once again like with the GC and N64 they're listening to the wrong people. They had it right with the Wii in the beginning but somehow got convinced that their success wasn't worthy of prestige, despite propping up what was otherwise a bad industry situation, and decided to go right back to 3D Mario, arty games and everything else that didn't work. beforehand. This downturn is going to continue until they get back on the right track, and Pikmin 3 is NOT headed back on the right track. Sorry, it isn't.
---
3DS Friend code: 4081-5501-8308
#15DDP886Posted 2/18/2013 1:28:42 PM
llmfaoooo at this topic
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#16Rasputin77Posted 2/18/2013 2:43:06 PM
If you really are an adult, you'll heed this warning about what a waste of time it is to share personal thoughts on this board. Just visualize your audience - it all makes sense then.

And I love the lego idea.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#17googlerPosted 2/18/2013 3:16:36 PM
darkjedilink posted...
A million units a month is "failing?"

Someone tell Sony!

where do you get a million?...the launch buzz came and went and now its <150,000/mo.
#18PendragoonPosted 2/18/2013 3:21:48 PM
googler posted...
darkjedilink posted...
A million units a month is "failing?"

Someone tell Sony!

where do you get a million?...the launch buzz came and went and now its <150,000/mo.

First 43 days was 1.9 million. (not counting untracked regions) January was about 220k (again, not counting untracked regions)
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#19ukokira1Posted 2/18/2013 3:25:59 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
3D Mario and Mario Kart will have playable demos at E3. They'll probably be out this year. Then again people can't wait 28 days without whining so I guess it is forever to some.

loki0078 posted...
Also, OBVIOUSLY, there arent any games that have real appeal presently.

NSMBU, Nintendoland, Lego City, ZombiU, Wonderful 101, MH, are what sold me on the system. And considering at least 3 million people have one of these, they must have been sold on at least one game.

HELZERO posted...
I sincerely hope Nintendo learns from the Wii U and releases a seriously stacked (spec wise) console

I hope not. It'll suffer what PS3 did. Be a joke for three years with an outrageous price and no games. While people mock it for being so expensive and already weaker than a PC.

The Wii U will probably be like the 3DS. Slow start then a constant list of heavy hitters.

---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#20abbyhitterPosted 2/18/2013 4:19:39 PM
Wanting them to do bad things so that they learn from their mistakes and release something good later down the road is not a good thing.

Do you think all the negativity will fuel Nintendo's ambition to prove the haters wrong and make good games?
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!