So, say Nintendo decides to sell their lesser/never used IPs...

#11iKhanicPosted 2/16/2013 5:01:45 PM
Sell F-zero and Earthbound since they aren't planning on adding any more to those franchises.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#12DanteSInferno84Posted 2/16/2013 5:07:05 PM
You know what, I agree whole heartedly on the Mother series getting sold. If their not going to give the world anything by it, give it to someone who will! We here in the US have been waiting for a new Earthbound since BEFORE the N64. Did we get the Mother 1+2 pack? No. Did we finally get Mother 3? NO!

Did that stop them from using parts of it in Smash Bros, thus kinda giving us the middle finger on it? NO!
#13HELZEROPosted 2/16/2013 5:10:22 PM
Enigma149 posted...
HELZERO posted...
Zelda is cool. All other IPs I dont have much of a thing for, I like to see brand spankin new IPs from time to time.

They've released plenty of new IPs (Golden Sun, Baten Kaitos, Drill Dozer, Chibi Robo, Steel Diver all in the last decade, to name a few).

The problem is that nobody buys them. It's the exact same thing with how people complain that Nintendo doesn't make powerhouse systems anymore - when they did, nobody bought them.

Then make a memorable IP that gets some hype. WTH is Drill Dozer.
#14leeko_linkPosted 2/17/2013 12:51:35 AM
David80008 posted...
Eoin posted...
David80008 posted...
But they already did that.

No, they loaned F-Zero to Sega for a bit. Nintendo still own the IP.

Yeah sure but Sega already made F-Zero which was a good game. They didn't make a F-Zero for Wii but I'm sure they will again for Wii U, and it wouldn't surprise me if Sega made it again.

Oh yeah, DK to Rare for sure, even though DKCR was really good.

I'd love Banjo-Threeie....

Rare nowadays is all about Kinect so no (unless if you want a Donkey Kong on-rail Kinect game), Donkey Kong Country would be better left for Retro to keep.
#15leeko_linkPosted 2/17/2013 12:55:07 AM(edited)
HELZERO posted...
Enigma149 posted...
HELZERO posted...
Zelda is cool. All other IPs I dont have much of a thing for, I like to see brand spankin new IPs from time to time.

They've released plenty of new IPs (Golden Sun, Baten Kaitos, Drill Dozer, Chibi Robo, Steel Diver all in the last decade, to name a few).

The problem is that nobody buys them. It's the exact same thing with how people complain that Nintendo doesn't make powerhouse systems anymore - when they did, nobody bought them.

Then make a memorable IP that gets some hype. WTH is Drill Dozer.

It's a GBA action platform game made the same folks who made Pulseman, Yoshi, and yours truly Pokemon.
#16poo111111111111Posted 2/17/2013 3:18:20 AM
I'd rather Nintendo sit on the Mother franchise than sell it and have someone drive it into the wall with endless new versions that just don't get the point of the entire series. It could end up like God of War or Final Fantasy, series that should have been long since retired yet keep getting new games pumped out due to them selling.

I'd like to see a new Elite Beat Agents/Oudendan game myself. Everyone else manages to recycle the same dance game over and over so why not an awesome rhythm game? Would be happy with a game of 20 songs, each with their own plots and difficulty and having one of them every 2-3 years. Rather than the series be dead like it seems to be.
#17cerneljosonPosted 2/17/2013 3:29:36 AM
Sell MOTHER to Sony\Eidos\Konami (any decent company will do), proceed to develop 3d HD remakes\new games for the series.
ignore dumb fans arguing that the original trilogy has some deeper meaning that's not present in the new ones, and sack Itoi because his writing is terrible.

sell F-Zero to Sega, make a new F-Zero with Sega all-star racing level of polish and variety
---
Now I'm seriously serious.
#18shinra35800Posted 2/17/2013 3:31:35 AM
Square-Enix should do a Zelda. Capcom did.
#19ThatPersonGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 6:47:39 AM
Guys, I don't think people understand what lesser/never used means.

Zelda and Metroid aren't lesser used IPs. Heck, people are thinking too small here. It's not just Mother and F-Zero.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#20ThatPersonGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 1:03:34 PM
Bump.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.