Troll Logic:ps3 launch-terrible (good) Wii U launch - wiiu > ps3 (sucks)

#1knightimexPosted 2/16/2013 3:54:22 PM(edited)
Wii U has had a MUCH better launch than ps3. No contest.

Ps3 hardly had any games worth playing during the 1st year.
Most of the early ps3 ports sucked at best.

Oh but here comes wii u with pretty much better everything and yet it's "bad" according to some.

* face f***ing palm*
---
Old School Games FTW!
#2SlimeSwayzePosted 2/16/2013 4:04:08 PM
The PS3 didn't have the greatest launch, but one major difference is that the PS3 also functioned as a blu-ray player. Say what you will, but a lot of people bought their PS3 because at the time, it was one of the best, and cheapest, blu-ray players available. I wasn't an early adopter of the PS3, but I certainly fell in love with watching movies in HD once I got mine. It's true that there wasn't a lot to play other than Resistance, but a steady stream of PSN titles, ports, and new games throughout 2007 kept players busy. Right now, I just don't see the Wii U getting that type of support or serving any secondary functions that give it the same value.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#3David80008Posted 2/16/2013 4:08:08 PM
IMO both had a poor launch. PS3 had NO good games, Wii U has One unique good game.
---
Do a barrel roll!
#4jackorhoadsPosted 2/16/2013 4:10:34 PM
The 360 had a bad launch too. Maybe people just had unrealistic expectations because of the success of the wii? who knows. It wasn't a great launch but its far from the disaster alot of people seem to say it is.

The PS3 got huge momentum when the games/services started to deliver so I'm hoping with the Wiiu same thing happens.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#5spacejamjordanzPosted 2/16/2013 4:12:10 PM
It's a different market than it was 7 years ago. The PS3 was also severely overpriced, and had very tricky hardware.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#6SlimeSwayzePosted 2/16/2013 4:18:39 PM(edited)
jackorhoads posted...
The 360 had a bad launch too..

I strongly disagree with this. Kameo, Call of Duty 2, Condemned, and even Geometry Wars were all very good games. The 360 also had the added excitement of being the first HD console. Also, by this time in 2006 it had games like Fight Night Round 3 and GRAW, which were both amazing games at the time they released, and a new DoA game. This gave the 360 a very wide range of quality games that you really couldn't play anywhere else at the time. In addition, Oblivion was just a month away, and there were a lot of games slated for summer and fall. Looking at things from a neutral perspective, I think it's hard to argue that the Wii U launch was anywhere near as good, and there aren't exactly a lot of games coming out between now and the end of the year, particularly from 3rd parties.

---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#7colis12Posted 2/16/2013 4:15:53 PM
I think people are saying this because those systems were flying off the shelves, people couldn't find them and continued to pick up steam selling a lot every month. We have the WiiU now with A LOT of stock sitting on store shelves and no one wants to buy one, evidenced by it only managing to sell 55k during a 5-week month, that is a HUGE drop and looks only to worsen. The PS3 nor 360 never managed to sell that low especially during its 3rd month.
---
pie good
#8Gogo726Posted 2/16/2013 4:16:39 PM
They both have great games now worth owning, but yeah, not great launches. I just beat NSMBU and getting back to Ni No Kuni until more Wii U games come out.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#9HELZEROPosted 2/16/2013 4:16:42 PM
Go fight with the news and press. Trolls are on vacation they already won the war buddy.
#10berenddebeerPosted 2/16/2013 4:16:51 PM
This