Why do Nintendo fans get mad when people say Nintendo games are aim to kids?

#1PangLaPosted 2/16/2013 6:11:38 PM
Why do you Nintendo fans always want to argue that is not? Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Zelda, ect, were all made for childrens in mind. Why do you think they all have simplicific story and dialogues? Hell, they don't even speak! Does that mean adults can't play them? No, but it doesn't change the fact that they were made for kids. Nintendo is a company for kid, just like Disney.
#2DJNfinityPosted 2/16/2013 6:14:14 PM
Because that's a broad statement. By that logic, gaming as a whole is aimed towards children.

Case and point, Metroid Prime 3 and Brain Age's target audience are teens to adults and seniors (respectively).
---
Nostalgia-~-[+..oo]
#3SegavsCapcomPosted 2/16/2013 6:15:00 PM
It's a company for everybody, including kids.

Hell, some Nintendo games and Disney films appeal to adults more.

Games designed for adults sometimes come off as childish. DmC anyone?
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#4kamikaze135Posted 2/16/2013 6:16:43 PM(edited)
Nintendo generally tries to appeal to a younger demographic, so it's easy to see why people would label Nintendo as a more kid friendly company. Plus, just look at how many things they have butchered for the sake of appealing more to children - friend codes and heavily moderated Miiverse.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#5Paulf001Posted 2/16/2013 6:17:00 PM
Majority of NIntendo fans are in their 30s now. If you had an NES as a kid you are 30+ now. Most adults don't like it when someone says the things they like are for kids, while others don't care.
#6DiscostewSMPosted 2/16/2013 6:18:08 PM
Well, when Nintendo joined the video game industry, many of the adults now were kids back then. Since my fondest video game memories were when I was a kid, it makes me even more fond of Nintendo-developed games because they don't go with the hype of blood, drugs, sex, etc. that seem to plague games nowadays.

What they need to do is bring back the difficulty that was once staple in games of the past.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#7TheBonfiniPosted 2/16/2013 6:18:38 PM
I don't get mad at something so petty, but it just simply is not correct.

Their games are generally aimed at everyone.

They are plain FUN. There is not an age where you can't enjoy them.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#8Beatperson14Posted 2/16/2013 6:32:09 PM
DJNfinity posted...
teens

AKA kids lol
#9iKhanicPosted 2/16/2013 6:32:24 PM
Its not for kids just like Pixar's not for kids. Its just like the rating says they are, for everyone.

But thats not even what makes people mad. What makes people mad is when they say the consoles are made for kids. Pretending games like Goldeneye and Conker's Bad Fur Day never happened.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#10MATADOR480Posted 2/16/2013 6:32:49 PM
Insecurity. I game on Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft consoles. I could care less what people say about my hobby. They are all good in their own way. Its mostly trolls and fanboys trying to make themselves feel better. "Oh look the Vita isn't selling, I'm going to troll Vita boards" or " Hey the Wii U is struggling I'm gonna show the Wii U board how big of a douche I am". Mostly dorks with nothing better to do. Virgin dorks.
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)