Why do Nintendo fans get mad when people say Nintendo games are aim to kids?

#11KCJ5062Posted 2/16/2013 7:51:01 PM
Anyone who thinks Nintendo makes games just for kids needs to check out the Fire Emblem games.
#12jsb0714Posted 2/16/2013 7:51:28 PM
PangLa posted...
Why do you Nintendo fans...

Why are you even here?
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#13Tsutarja495Posted 2/16/2013 7:56:20 PM
The ones who do probably think it is embarrassing to enjoy childish things. I don't get it myself, I love how kiddy Nintendo is, I don't care for mature rated content.
#14OtakuGameraPosted 2/16/2013 7:58:46 PM
what's even more weird is when the same people say ninokuni is meant for the wii U as if implying the wii U is for kids themselves
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#15Lefty128kPosted 2/16/2013 7:59:21 PM
DJNfinity posted...
Because that's a broad statement. By that logic, gaming as a whole is aimed towards children.

Case and point, Metroid Prime 3 and Brain Age's target audience are teens to adults and seniors (respectively).

No, TC didn't say anything that can be applied in that way.

You can name a few cherry-picked titles here and there, but the VAST majority of their library is for kids. BTW, Metroid is a kids shooter. Sorry to break it to you.
#16Baha05Posted 2/16/2013 8:00:14 PM
Because most of the time people use it as a condescending means to put down people that play Nintendo games.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#17jairusmonillasPosted 2/16/2013 8:00:47 PM
PangLa posted...
Why do you Nintendo fans always want to argue that is not? Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Zelda, ect, were all made for childrens in mind. Why do you think they all have simplicific story and dialogues? Hell, they don't even speak! Does that mean adults can't play them? No, but it doesn't change the fact that they were made for kids. Nintendo is a company for kid, just like Disney.

This is so true. Most of those who said Mario are for adults never played anything outside of Mario.
#18rudgerlightPosted 2/16/2013 8:01:35 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
Nintendo generally tries to appeal to a younger demographic, so it's easy to see why people would label Nintendo as a more kid friendly company. Plus, just look at how many things they have butchered for the sake of appealing more to children - friend codes and heavily moderated Miiverse.

I think you're confusing the word "appealing" with "protecting".
#19LukerspookerPosted 2/16/2013 8:09:53 PM
This seems relevant.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
#20Xtreme-VoidPosted 2/16/2013 8:38:28 PM
Obviously Nintendo is aiming most for kids, and some never matured grown ups, rather than PS3 & XBOX 360 counterparts.

Just take a look at their games library. Problem solved.

If it isn't that way, then you are in denial.
Even Nintendo officials will laugh at you.