Metroid and Starfox are not system sellers

#11DTY3Posted 2/16/2013 9:35:48 PM
who cares?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#12spacejamjordanzPosted 2/16/2013 9:35:52 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
It's not the games, it's the price.

nah the price is fine 300 for wii u isnt that bad its only 50 more than what the wii launched at the only thing holding back the system is the lack of good games that cant be found anywhere else.

Which is why a good launch lineup is supposed to be important given their timing. The console is still comparable to the PS3 and 360 which are 6-7 years old and dated.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#13Xenesis XenonPosted 2/16/2013 9:37:36 PM
blinkfreak posted...
Well that is what I was waiting for. Nothing before it interested me (go ahead and yell about OOT not making me buy the system). I knew there would be games I wanted in the future but I didn't want to buy the system with nothing to play so I waited until Starfox came out.

Fair enough. And no, I wouldn't yell at you for not caring about an OoT re-release. I know I didn't - I already have the game on two consoles (N64 and GCN).
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#14SlimeSwayzePosted 2/16/2013 10:01:28 PM(edited)
spacejamjordanz posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

nah the price is fine 300 for wii u isnt that bad its only 50 more than what the wii launched at the only thing holding back the system is the lack of good games that cant be found anywhere else.

Which is why a good launch lineup is supposed to be important given their timing. The console is still comparable to the PS3 and 360 which are 6-7 years old and dated.

This is a big problem, especially if you look at something like the new God of War PS3 bundle. For the same price as a Deluxe Wii U, you get 6 games (including one that is brand new), a 500 GB hard drive, a system that doubles as a Blu-Ray player, a system that has hundreds of quality games (many of which are dirt cheap), and a system that ostensibly is as powerful as the Wii U to anyone who just does a side by side comparison. To the average consumer, why in the hell would you even consider getting a Wii U right now when it provides so little comparative value?

I've been gaming my whole life and it's one of my favorite hobbies, and I have disposable income, which is why I'm getting a Wii U soon. But if I put myself into the shoes of a more casual gamer, or even a serious gamer who is strapped for cash, I can't even begin to justify why they would buy a Wii U right now. Again, for the price they're asking, it's a horrendous value.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#15spacejamjordanzPosted 2/16/2013 10:00:58 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
spacejamjordanz posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

This is a big problem, especially if you look at something like the new God of War PS3 bundle. For the same price as a Deluxe Wii U, you get 6 games (including one that it brand new), a 500 GB hard drive, a system that doubles as a Blu-Ray player, a system that has hundreds of quality games (many of which are dirt cheap), and a system that ostensibly is as powerful as the Wii U to anyone who just does a side by side comparison. To the average consumer, why in the hell would you even consider getting a Wii U right now when it provides so little comparative value?

I've been gaming my whole life and it's one of my favorite hobbies, and I have disposable income, which is why I'm getting a Wii U soon. But if I put myself into the shoes of a more casual gamer, or even a serious gamer who is strapped for cash, I can't even begin to justify why they would buy a Wii U right now. Again, for the price they're asking, it's a horrendous value.

This. It's about value these days. It just isn't there right now for me. That 500GB bundle is one hell of a deal. I would get that instead. Plus a lot of the third party HD games coming out this year may not even make it to the Wii U. Like Bioshock Infinite for example.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#16promo123Posted 2/16/2013 10:05:05 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

Yeah, it's $50 more for the "basic" version that doesn't come with a transcendent, hugely popular "killer app" like Wii Sports. Not only is Nintendo Land not nearly as appealing as Wii Sports was, but you have to shell out $350 if you want that, as well. They're asking more while providing less of what the average consumer actually wants. The Wii U is the most expensive new console Nintendo has ever released, and it offers the least value.

Nintendo's advantage has always been that it's the cheapest console out there. They bucked the trend, and now it's hurting them.

wat
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#17DanteSInferno84Posted 2/16/2013 10:08:31 PM
I bought the gamecube for metroid prime (and loved it). As for the two Zeldas on the cube, Twilight Princess was never meant to sell the Gamecube, it was more of a parting gift. It was however meant to move Wii's (which it sorta did too).

BUT, I will agree, at its current state, Metroid couldn't sell a bag of chips. The issue with it being, the transistion from classic to modern was tricky (and the FPS route WAS a neat idea). They tried going back to how it used to be but mixed in Other M and it just felt... wrong. I honestly can't think of a good way to bring it back, I'll admit.

I think a well and TRUE Starfox game could do wonders though.
#18keniptionPosted 2/16/2013 10:10:26 PM
Full 3D pokemon game would move systems. If it didn't then I'd be wrong but I'd still own a full 3D pokemon game. I'm not talking about spin offs either.
---
GT/PSN/Vita/Wii U/Steam/Raptr - Keniption
#19SlimeSwayzePosted 2/16/2013 10:11:13 PM
promo123 posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

Yeah, it's $50 more for the "basic" version that doesn't come with a transcendent, hugely popular "killer app" like Wii Sports. Not only is Nintendo Land not nearly as appealing as Wii Sports was, but you have to shell out $350 if you want that, as well. They're asking more while providing less of what the average consumer actually wants. The Wii U is the most expensive new console Nintendo has ever released, and it offers the least value.

Nintendo's advantage has always been that it's the cheapest console out there. They bucked the trend, and now it's hurting them.

wat

Let me summarize: Nintendo released their most expensive console ever, but they have provided the least value in return to the consumer. They are asking for more money, but they are doing so without providing the consumer with an experience that they can't find anywhere else (imho, the Gamepad has yet to really justify its own existence). In doing so, they lost their competitive advantage.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#20FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/16/2013 10:18:01 PM
keniption posted...
Full 3D pokemon game would move systems. If it didn't then I'd be wrong but I'd still own a full 3D pokemon game. I'm not talking about spin offs either.

sadly it will never happen the creator doesnt want to move the series to consoles cause he said the series is built around being able to take your pokemon anywhere which cant be done on a console. Moving the series to 3D is what there doing with X & Y just dont ever expect that to jump to consoles
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Skyrim: Dragonborn (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight