Metroid and Starfox are not system sellers

#21Spade59Posted 2/16/2013 10:26:41 PM
Many people bought the Wii because of Twilight Princess, even with it's GC release.

TC is either blind or rimming.
#22ChipChippersonPosted 2/16/2013 10:44:45 PM
They could be though. Nintendo just needs to take a franchise like Starfox and use it as a technical powerhouse/showcase for the system much like the original was on the SNES. For better or worse they need a dazzling title to pull in new customers, games like Mario Kart, Smash or Pikmin are already preaching to the converted.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#23305_KingPosted 2/16/2013 10:46:01 PM
You know what else isn't a system seller? The Wii U.
---
AKA Latino_King
"Don't ask for it. Go win it on your own. Do that and you'll succeed" -From Eureka 7
#24NessEggmanPosted 2/16/2013 11:01:34 PM
If they made a Pokémon game for WiiU that wasn't a completely unrelated spinoff and gave you some legendary monster you couldn't get regularly in the 3DS game... +7 million console sales in one moth!! LOL
---
http://reddragonranch.blogspot.com
The Legend of Red Dragon Ranch - KICKSTARTER now LIVE!!
#25spacejamjordanzPosted 2/16/2013 11:04:32 PM
Still waiting for another decent StarFox game. Three generations and counting. The Gamecube games were trash.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#26JackTheRimmer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 11:08:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#27keniptionPosted 2/16/2013 11:11:51 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
keniption posted...
Full 3D pokemon game would move systems. If it didn't then I'd be wrong but I'd still own a full 3D pokemon game. I'm not talking about spin offs either.

sadly it will never happen the creator doesnt want to move the series to consoles cause he said the series is built around being able to take your pokemon anywhere which cant be done on a console. Moving the series to 3D is what there doing with X & Y just dont ever expect that to jump to consoles

I really don't see how that could be a problem at all. They could release 3 versions instead of 2. Have the cross platform capabilities like MH3U has.

Maybe it didn't make sense before but I could see how it could easily work now. Possibly they don't want to go down the road of having to prove themselves graphically each install?
---
GT/PSN/Vita/Wii U/Steam/Raptr - Keniption
#28Spade59Posted 2/16/2013 11:13:54 PM
JackTheRimmer posted...
I never said Zelda can't be a system seller.

Yet Metroid and Starfox can't be system sellers even though they've undeniably sold systems.

Your topic was terminal from the start. Oh, I've got a tissue for your mouth.
#29SAMCROftwPosted 2/16/2013 11:15:59 PM
I would LOVE to see a new StarFox or a new Metroid. I would actually go buy a Wii U if Nintendo pulled their fingers out and brought them back.

Your opinion is wrong, TC.
#30JackTheRimmer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 11:23:09 PM
Spade59 posted...
JackTheRimmer posted...
I never said Zelda can't be a system seller.

Yet Metroid and Starfox can't be system sellers even though they've undeniably sold systems.

Your topic was terminal from the start. Oh, I've got a tissue for your mouth.

All those Star Fox and Metroid games really moved a ton of GameCubes.