Metroid and Starfox are not system sellers

#31ShadowMegaman1Posted 2/16/2013 11:43:16 PM
You aren't necessarily wrong TC. In Japan, Kirby's Return to Dreamland outperformed Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
#32_FalstaffPosted 2/16/2013 11:48:41 PM
I don't know why people are bothering to respond to this guy. All he's doing is reframing the "Nintendo has no good games" mantra.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#33Oni_TaedoPosted 2/17/2013 12:00:22 AM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
keniption posted...
Full 3D pokemon game would move systems. If it didn't then I'd be wrong but I'd still own a full 3D pokemon game. I'm not talking about spin offs either.

sadly it will never happen the creator doesnt want to move the series to consoles cause he said the series is built around being able to take your pokemon anywhere which cant be done on a console. Moving the series to 3D is what there doing with X & Y just dont ever expect that to jump to consoles

I say they should remake Red and Blue (yes, Blue), with some new optional side-quests.
Release one version on the 3DS, and the other on the WiiU, and see how it does.
But, don't play it safe. Try a real-time battle system, that relies on quick reflexes, and on-the-spot thinking. Try to do things to turn the series on it's head. See how people react, and build a console Pokemon game accordingly.

The creator of the series is a moron. We don't want our 90 hour RPG epics on the go. We want them on the big screen. I don't care what he wants to make, we want it, it's his job to give it to us.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#34DTY3Posted 2/17/2013 10:23:58 AM
^no. Get over gen 1. Its been remade already. Let it go >_>
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#35mjc0961Posted 2/17/2013 10:36:45 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
Yeah, it's $50 more for the "basic" version that doesn't come with a transcendent, hugely popular "killer app" like Wii Sports. Not only is Nintendo Land not nearly as appealing as Wii Sports was

lolwut

Nintendoland is the s***.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#36Soanevalcke6Posted 2/17/2013 10:38:08 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
keniption posted...
Full 3D pokemon game would move systems. If it didn't then I'd be wrong but I'd still own a full 3D pokemon game. I'm not talking about spin offs either.

sadly it will never happen the creator doesnt want to move the series to consoles cause he said the series is built around being able to take your pokemon anywhere which cant be done on a console. Moving the series to 3D is what there doing with X & Y just dont ever expect that to jump to consoles

I say they should remake Red and Blue (yes, Blue), with some new optional side-quests.
Release one version on the 3DS, and the other on the WiiU, and see how it does.
But, don't play it safe. Try a real-time battle system, that relies on quick reflexes, and on-the-spot thinking. Try to do things to turn the series on it's head. See how people react, and build a console Pokemon game accordingly.

The creator of the series is a moron. We don't want our 90 hour RPG epics on the go. We want them on the big screen. I don't care what he wants to make, we want it, it's his job to give it to us.

This is the worst idea I have possibly ever heard for Pokemon. Even worse than Digital-type, Triple-typed Pokemon, and Dual-Typed Moves.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#37mjc0961Posted 2/17/2013 10:39:49 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...

Kind of have a good point here now that there's online play. Original point of it being portable was that you were supposed to go and trade with all sorts of people, and it was easier to do that with two GameBoys and a link cable than it would have been with two consoles.

Now we have online. We can trade and battle from our homes. No reason to keep it handheld anymore. They can always make a handheld app for the 3DS to let you send in a few teams or whatever for on the go action, but we can't we have a proper game on home console now?
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#38VoelgerPosted 2/17/2013 11:07:54 AM
I disagree with the TC, Metroid done right, Super Metroid or Prme are system sellers
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10