Wii U vs 360, Sonic Allstar screens.

#21Banjo2553Posted 2/17/2013 1:51:58 AM
I never got the purpose of comparison videos. Like, minor graphical differences will decide which version you want?
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#22SolisPosted 2/17/2013 1:57:34 AM
Banjo2553 posted...
I never got the purpose of comparison videos. Like, minor graphical differences will decide which version you want?

Yes? Why would you NOT want to choose the better version of the game if available?
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#23KaleliskalelPosted 2/17/2013 2:00:00 AM
ixoria posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
deathgod_light posted...
The only difference I saw was the 360 one being jaggier. Woohoo +1 Nintendo.

WOOO! Nintendo was able to barely best 8 year old hardware. Another victory for us, right guys?

Yeah, it beat 8 years of optimizations without trying.

3 days is all what's left with optimization excuses. the real next gen is about to begin.

i cant wait to post screenshots from ps4 games in the pc thread under the topic title "oh how the mighty have fallen"
---
When ps3 launched it was banned from export because the processor was so powerful. Tell me again about how powerful you gaming pc is.
#24Banjo2553Posted 2/17/2013 2:01:41 AM
Solis posted...
Banjo2553 posted...

Yes? Why would you NOT want to choose the better version of the game if available?

Yeah, I could hardly see a difference though, which is kinda my point. I'm more concerned with how the game runs overall rather than the graphics anyway.
---
#25pearl arowanaPosted 2/17/2013 2:21:08 AM
Banjo2553 posted...

you mean the one with better online services/community and cheaper in price??
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#26shinra35800Posted 2/17/2013 2:27:39 AM
posts 1-3 are lies...
#27triple sPosted 2/17/2013 2:40:48 AM
Leetyroneus posted...
The Wii-U version utilized AA better, was less glitchy, Showed lights and darks better, looked very close to the PC compared to the other consoles

Looks nowhere nears as good as the PC version.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#28triple sPosted 2/17/2013 2:42:59 AM
Kaleliskalel posted...
ixoria posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
deathgod_light posted...
The only difference I saw was the 360 one being jaggier. Woohoo +1 Nintendo.

WOOO! Nintendo was able to barely best 8 year old hardware. Another victory for us, right guys?

Yeah, it beat 8 years of optimizations without trying.

3 days is all what's left with optimization excuses. the real next gen is about to begin.

i cant wait to post screenshots from ps4 games in the pc thread under the topic title "oh how the mighty have fallen"

It won't happen.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#29Banjo2553Posted 2/17/2013 3:36:37 AM
pearl arowana posted...
Banjo2553 posted...

you mean the one with better online services/community and cheaper in price??

Did I factor in those things? All I was talking about was graphics and how the game runs. Also...cheaper in price? What? It's $40 for every platform.
---
#30pearl arowanaPosted 2/17/2013 3:40:58 AM
Solis posted...
DigitalFoundry did a head to head of the game:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sonic-all-star-racing-transformed-face-off

Between the 3 console versions, the Wii U edition runs at the lowest resolution (although the Xbox 360 version is only about 6% better in that regard), while coming in half way between the PS3 and Xbox 360 in performance. The PS3 version runs at the highest resolution, and has higher texture quality in areas, but dips to the lowest framerates and has a handful of absent shadow and lighting effects in certain stages. The PS3 also seems to have slightly more aggressive LOD in places (they didn't mention it in the article, but you can see it in a few of the comparison screenshots). Overall, it's pretty much a wash between the different console versions, although the Wii U doesn't manage to come out on top in either performance or visual quality.

wow wii u run on lowest resolution. even lower than ps3 and 360?.. rofl cmon those are 8 years old console.
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar