Graphics is important and WIi U's graphics doesn't impress anyone

#31DifferentialEquationPosted 2/17/2013 8:21:36 AM(edited)
STN79 posted...
Sony fan Logic. If it ain't Shiny and new with ultimate power it's not worth having.

Nintendo fan logic. If it doesn't have a stupid, half assed controller that gets in the way of progress then it's not worth having.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#32ChadawahPosted 2/17/2013 8:28:04 AM
They are not impressive by any means, but the graphics are just fine to enjoy a game these days. The only problem is, more powerful equals more money.
#33MuryoPosted 2/17/2013 8:29:03 AM
DifferentialEquation posted...
STN79 posted...
Sony fan Logic. If it ain't Shiny and new with ultimate power it's not worth having.

Nintendo fan logic. If it doesn't have a stupid, half assed controller that gets in the way of progress then it's not worth having.

Like those silly gimmicky motion controllers that Sony copied for their console after the higher up said that "Playstation 3 would not be about gimmicks" ?
#34icarus231Posted 2/17/2013 8:40:35 AM
Muryo posted...
STN79 posted...

Like those silly gimmicky motion controllers that Sony copied for their console after the higher up said that "Playstation 3 would not be about gimmicks" ?

I dont think the wii u is a half assed controller. It feels great to hold and has a ton of potential. Since when does innovation stop progress. If it wasnt for trying new things we would still be playing basic games with joysticks.
#35DanteSInferno84Posted 2/17/2013 8:43:56 AM
Muryo posted...
STN79 posted...

Or abandoning controllers altogether to make ya flail around a room and look weird (or detect ghosts?) ?

Though, really, most Nintendo franchises don't need to push the graphics barrier to function. Unless of course they strike a deal with Capcom to remake Resident Evil 2 and 3 ala the Resident Evil Remake, then yeah we can talk graphics. I mean, seriously, why didn't Capcom stick with Nintendo? Two of the most successful games in the series came when they partnered with Nintendo exclusively,
#36kjellboyPosted 2/17/2013 8:46:06 AM
I don't need graphics to be blown away. Minecraft blew me away, so did, and does other games with graphics that can somewhat be compared to PS1 and SNES. All I need, is a game that can blow me away with great gameplay and story. Other things like sound and graphics is just an added bonus, but for me does nothing to the game experience itself.
---
| Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V Pro | CPU: Intel i5 2500k | GPU: Asus DirectCU II OC GTX 680 | RAM: 8 GB |
#37DifferentialEquationPosted 2/17/2013 8:47:35 AM
Muryo posted...
STN79 posted...

The difference is that while indeed the PS Move is a silly gimmick, at least Sony treats it like one and doesn't try to tack it onto every game. The Wii U motion controls were great for games like Wii Sports; it was putting them into every game that was the problem.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#38MuryoPosted 2/17/2013 8:58:05 AM
DanteSInferno84 posted...
Muryo posted...
STN79 posted...

Or abandoning controllers altogether to make ya flail around a room and look weird (or detect ghosts?) ?

Though, really, most Nintendo franchises don't need to push the graphics barrier to function. Unless of course they strike a deal with Capcom to remake Resident Evil 2 and 3 ala the Resident Evil Remake, then yeah we can talk graphics. I mean, seriously, why didn't Capcom stick with Nintendo? Two of the most successful games in the series came when they partnered with Nintendo exclusively,

If they abandoned them all together, why can I play Punch out wii, Tatsunoko vs Capcom and the snk fighters compillations with traditional controls?
#39geneticsftwPosted 2/17/2013 9:42:28 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
Would be funny if graphics on the PS4 and 720 were only twice as good as the Wii U's graphics.

Even if they are marginally better, they will be 10x better. (Troll logic)
---
Sweet
#40DanteSInferno84Posted 2/17/2013 10:23:12 AM
Muryo posted...
DanteSInferno84 posted...
Muryo posted...
STN79 posted...

If they abandoned them all together, why can I play Punch out wii, Tatsunoko vs Capcom and the snk fighters compillations with traditional controls?

Actually, that was more of a snide remark about the Kinect, not the Wii o.o;;

Though I cannot play Punch Out on the Wii anymore. First time I played it, I played it too much and couldn't move my arms for two days lol