What 'big names' can Super Smash Bros U bring to the roster?

#11DDP886Posted 2/17/2013 9:13:08 AM
Pretty simple, stop remaking the same rehashed game
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#12fhsfootball74Posted 2/17/2013 9:13:45 AM
It'd be cool if they could bring in a couple Final Fantasy characters from 4 or 6 since they both originally released on the SNES. Squareenix and Nintendo seem to have repaired their relationship.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#13fhsfootball74Posted 2/17/2013 9:14:39 AM
It'd be cool if they could bring in a couple Final Fantasy characters from 4 or 6 since they both originally released on the SNES. Squareenix and Nintendo seem to have repaired their relationship.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#14psoRangerPosted 2/17/2013 9:15:44 AM
seaman.
---
1-29-01 Phantasy Star Online
#15Smoking_HamsterPosted 2/17/2013 9:32:08 AM
Rayman
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmokinghamster
#16ZodrynPosted 2/17/2013 9:32:11 AM
I've been waiting for Ridley since SSB:M. Also, Ghirahim could be interesting. As for outsiders, maybe Bayonetta or Rayman
---
"And most of all, remember this: Your gems are the gems that will pierce the heavens. And you are truly, truly outrageous." ~ Scarizard
#17HerPandaPosted 2/17/2013 9:39:52 AM(edited)
Big names as in third party? Mega Man would be the obvious choice at this point.

Mario, Sonic, Megaman. I don't think there's a fourth character from another company that has the same status as those three in terms of being gaming icons and classics. Edit: Well, I guess there's Pac Man, but he doesn't really fit in with those three anyway.
#18FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/17/2013 9:44:06 AM
mega man is the only one i want to be added cause i really want to do a 3 man match between mario, sonic, and mega man :)
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Skyrim: Dragonborn (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#19mjc0961Posted 2/17/2013 9:51:26 AM(edited)
Mufasa_Shado posted...
AdamLazaruso posted...
None of those are big names...

Oh, I see.

You must hate Nintendo or something. "OMG they have to add a 3rd party character or it sucks". Fella, go play Skyward Sword - that alone has half a dozen characters they can add (not counting updated characters i.e. moe Zelda). Overall, they could easily hit 50 characters without resorting to pandering to people like you.

Or maybe just none of them are big names.

Example, you say that Skyward Sword alone has 6 characters they can add not counting updated characters. I count one: Ghirahim. Everyone else is either too minor of a character and/or too weak of a character to fit into Smash Bros. Why don't you give us your list of 6 characters from the game if you think there's actually that many?

And back to your original list:

Palutena = minor character who for as far as I played into the game before being utterly bored just talks to Pit. If she does more later, then okay, if not then no.

Anthony Higgs (remember him?) = Nope

New pokemon kids (that one from BW1 is hot) = The player character in Pokemon will always be a minor character. Pokemon is about the Pokemon, not the blank slate avatar you control on the overworld

Whatever the new flagship pokemon is = You don't even know what it is yet and you insist that it's a big name? It cannot by definition be a big name when it doesn't even have a name or even exist in the public eye yet.

Swapnote Nicki = No. Not a big name by any means, and how is a Mii that sends you stupid drawings supposed to fight? Is she going to fling notes at everyone in the hopes of KOing them with papercuts?

HerPanda posted...
Big names as in third party? Mega Man would be the obvious choice at this point.

Too bad Capcom wants Mega Man dead.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#20jmichaelbpPosted 2/17/2013 9:56:02 AM(edited)
Mufasa_Shado posted...
How about all the new Nintendo characters.

- Palutena (had a comeback with KI:U)
- Anthony Higgs (remember him?)
- New pokemon kids (that one from BW1 is hot)
- Whatever the new flagship pokemon is
- Swapnote Nicki

Can't wait to play this on 3DS

When can we expect Scar_Shado, Simba_Shado, Timon_Shado and Pumbaa_Shado?
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.