Low memory storage is just lazy for consoles.

#1Ki_cat_Posted 2/17/2013 2:36:13 AM
I hate to be a hater but this applies for all consoles, not just the Wii U. I just hope Sony/Microsoft don't think "Oh, people will buy external storage units!" as well.

It's not a deal breaker by any means just something that irks me because storage devices are cheap for us so that means it's basically free for developers.

Anyways, to keep this topic positive, post some Wii U exclusives you want.

I can't think of any "exclusives". The eventual 1st party titles are a no brainer.
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#2MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 2/17/2013 2:39:23 AM(edited)
There a no good games coming to the Wii U that are coming out this year. So I can't post any I'm excited about.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#3BonezWellPosted 2/17/2013 3:29:02 AM
Ki_cat_ posted...

It's not a deal breaker by any means just something that irks me because storage devices are cheap for us so that means it's basically free for developers.

Until you realise that Nintendo would buy thousands and thousands at a time, people employment to implement the hard drives, heck: they'd have to redesign the whole Wii U.

All these costs would increase the price of the Wii U alot.
---
Please note: The above post may contain sarcasm.
Please use your senses to determine if this is the case or not.
#4Ki_cat_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 3:34:34 AM
If you say so...As far as I know, a little HDD slot isn't terribly expensive and wouldn't jack the price up. Consoles are basically computers. One of the cheaper parts of a PC is the HDD because you essentially plop it in and you're done. As I said, Nintendo would be getting these HDD's for a steal. I can get 500 GB for like $60...They can grab that from their providers for probably $10.

I'm not an expert, just providing more thought to my post.
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#5mjc0961Posted 2/17/2013 10:05:31 AM(edited)
Ki_cat_ posted...
I hate to be a hater but this applies for all consoles, not just the Wii U. I just hope Sony/Microsoft don't think "Oh, people will buy external storage units!" as well.

I hope they do so I can save money. Going external lowers the cost of a console, and at launch, I won't need much space anyway. I can wait until a site is having a great deal on externals and get one on sale if I need another... Or I can use one of the multiple externals I already have at no additional cost.

Ki_cat_ posted...
I'm not an expert

We noticed.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#6geneticsftwPosted 2/17/2013 10:06:23 AM
True a 20g hdd is ridiculous.
---
Sweet
#7DDP886Posted 2/17/2013 10:12:31 AM
Ki_cat_ posted...
If you say so...As far as I know, a little HDD slot isn't terribly expensive and wouldn't jack the price up. Consoles are basically computers. One of the cheaper parts of a PC is the HDD because you essentially plop it in and you're done. As I said, Nintendo would be getting these HDD's for a steal. I can get 500 GB for like $60...They can grab that from their providers for probably $10.

I'm not an expert, just providing more thought to my post.

the point is the unit should come with a large storage device built in so i don't have to shell out an additional sixty dollars.
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#8DDP886Posted 2/17/2013 10:13:18 AM
geneticsftw posted...
True a 20g hdd is ridiculous.

whatttttttt????!!! thats IT?
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#9DiscostewSMPosted 2/17/2013 10:17:38 AM
You may be able to get a 500GB drive for $60, but you definitely won't get a drive for that low if the company provides it for you within the device. The individual proprietary components always get marked up like this.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#10star_guy_100Posted 2/17/2013 10:27:25 AM
its not lazy, its cheap. i love nintendo games but nintendo are the masters at being cheap and then overcharging for their cheap, featureless, consoles. which is why they never had a yearly loss since last year. and never sold consoles at a loss like everyone else does. the only reason they are supposedly selling the wii u at a minor loss is because the gamepad . the console itself was reportedly very cheap for them to make, passing the cost or storage onto us and letting the fanboys make excuses defending it. this was a big help to make the console so cheap to make