What would happen if the PS4/720 didn't have incredible graphics?

#11quickposterPosted 2/17/2013 4:14:19 AM
Then PS4 would actually have a chance in being successful since they would be selling at profit.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#12kdognumba1Posted 2/17/2013 4:18:49 AM(edited)
I really couldn't care less what the graphics are like on any of the systems, as long as they have the exclusive games that make the platforms worth buying. All 3rd party games are better on PC.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#13iKhanicPosted 2/17/2013 4:25:31 AM
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
Those consoles would still have a better online service. Better controllers. Better 3rd party support. Better games for people above the age of 12 and much more.

They don't really need better hardware to beat the Wii U. Judging by the horrible sales for the Wii U I'm not the only one that thinks the system is not worth owning.

Nintendo fixed their online service with the Wii U. And its free unlike XBOX live. Nintendo is known for making some of the best controllers out there. If the PS4/720 have similar power to the Wii U, the 3rd Party support will be equivalent if not better for the Wii U (because of the Gamepad). Being insensitive to death =/= better games.

No one thinks the Wii U is worth owning RIGHT NOW, including myself. When we get some 1st party titles that aren't Mario rehashes, it will sell better.

And don't go saying that the PS360 have similar power to the Wii U and are getting more 3rd Party support. There are various reasons for that including the poor sales of the console due to lack of 1st party games and the fact that its a new console and developers would have to change their plans to develop for it
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#14StickMen1090Posted 2/17/2013 4:39:18 AM
Those consoles would still have a better online service. Better controllers. Better 3rd party support. Better games for people above the age of 12 and much more.

They don't really need better hardware to beat the Wii U. Judging by the horrible sales for the Wii U I'm not the only one that thinks the system is not worth owning.

that makes no sense at all... the controller looks to be the same old controller we got since the PS1 and you might wanna speak less fanboy talk like about the age groups games are for...
#15VanderZooPosted 2/17/2013 4:43:53 AM
XXShadowLinkXX posted...
I can't believe I've only just realised this but imagine if they didn't - they'd be nothing now. It's as simple as that. Now I'm sure we will see a powerful new console come Wednesday but I wonder what everyone's reaction would be if it had the same power as Wii U roughly - or only marginally better. What would happen to the fans?

Then they'd be even cheaper, plus better online and 3rd party support....
#16XXShadowLinkXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 5:24:01 AM
fakewars posted...
Dumb topic. There is no way Sony & MS would release console that has same power with Wii U which is barely stronger than PS3

^^^^^EXACTLY. They wouldn't dare. They rely solely on power for their consoles each generation. Nintendo don't. If they didn't have power, then the sales wouldn't be nearly as good because the gamers who play on PS3/360 would be mortified and refuse to buy a 'weak' system, without seeing the games or interface. The majority of them, at least.
---
- The Arkive Project - <<<< Remember this as soon as you see it. Spread the word.
#17XXShadowLinkXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 5:26:39 AM
VanderZoo posted...
XXShadowLinkXX posted...
I can't believe I've only just realised this but imagine if they didn't - they'd be nothing now. It's as simple as that. Now I'm sure we will see a powerful new console come Wednesday but I wonder what everyone's reaction would be if it had the same power as Wii U roughly - or only marginally better. What would happen to the fans?

Would they have better online if they had less gamers on the system?
---
- The Arkive Project - <<<< Remember this as soon as you see it. Spread the word.
#18FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/17/2013 5:31:34 AM
i dunno maybe its just i really see this upcoming gen different than people but i see the 720 being the culmination of what microsoft has been trying to do with the 360 and that is implement all the multi media stuff and make it the center of people living rooms. Will the ps4/720 have more power than the wii u? yes but i also see alot of that rumored amount of ram being locked to each systems OS to make use of the multi media and social media stuff much like nintendo did with the wii u.

That all being said even if the next gen systems looked as good as my computer would on say medium to high graphics i would be happy but i doubt the systems will even touch PC in terms of graphical and raw power.
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Skyrim: Dragonborn (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#19VanderZooPosted 2/17/2013 5:34:26 AM
XXShadowLinkXX posted...
VanderZoo posted...
XXShadowLinkXX posted...

Would they have better online if they had less gamers on the system?

If the servers were barren, then obviously no. If there were less online gamers, but still enough to always find a game to play, and the infrastructure/features were still better, then yes.
#20jackorhoadsPosted 2/17/2013 5:36:01 AM

MR_Smarty_Pants...I'd change your sig: Proud owner of the Wii U!
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd