Sega wanted to cancel the Colonel Marines port because Gearbox screwed it

#1Marcster1994Posted 2/17/2013 8:22:40 AM(edited)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513744

Oh wow. Yes okay. I was hoping someone would ask this. I have played the WiiU version. The one that is supposedly the best of all of them? It is not. It is the worst. It is a bit of a joke. The WiiU is basically the same game as the console version but with framerate issues, worse texture loading, and horrendously misguided minigames thrown in. You get a 'scanner' to scan enemies and get bonus points that aid your harming them. When you cut open doors (which happens a lot in the game) you have a game where you have to keep the heat 'optimal'. They just add frustration, and take away even more from the fun. We don't know if it will come out, Sega are conisdering canceling it, but right now its still going.

They also took money from Sega to make Borderlands 2. They did a lot of crap to Sega for this.
---
3DS FC: 4725-7947-0440 ~ NNID: MarcsterS
PSN: Marcster1994 ~ Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/EnglishLanguage/
#2wingo84Posted 2/17/2013 8:13:21 AM
I hope Nintendo's Seal of Quality blows it out of the water
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival
#3IngSlayerPosted 2/17/2013 8:18:08 AM
I find it hard to believe that people are making a big deal about an Alien game.

I thought people would have thought of this as "Oh okay, it's just some Alien game. Nothing special."
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#4Enigma149Posted 2/17/2013 8:19:13 AM
...you know...maybe it would be for the best if this game got cancelled.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#5MegagunstarmanPosted 2/17/2013 8:19:29 AM
Gearbox didnt care about the game, they spent the money from acm on the borderlands games. Look at the release dates of borderlands and when aliens was anounced, they had the other companies like timegate do the work. When they got the game back timegate had done a terrible job. When it came into sega it was **** basicaly. Gearbox only cared about fixing 'progression blockers' (things that stop a player from getting through a level) or crashes.

If it's legit, wow.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#6jmichaelbpPosted 2/17/2013 8:37:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/2z9p9L7.gif

Don't believe Randy's lies.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#7jmichaelbpPosted 2/17/2013 8:42:02 AM
The guy has been verified to be a tester, so I guess this m,ight be legit.

**** you Gearbox.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#8Heartless18Posted 2/17/2013 8:45:01 AM
They've lost my business from here on out. I was a fan of Borderlands too, but this **** is inexcusable. People like to trash EA and Activision for their business practices, but at least they don't flat out lie to the consumer.

**** you Randy Pitchford, I can't believe I trusted you.
---
Breaking Hearts With Every Heartbeat
#9jmichaelbpPosted 2/17/2013 8:54:48 AM
All those cool looking trailers and demos? They were all fake!

What happened that the Demo and the live-version of the same area are so fundamentally different and outright crippled to a degree that the demo could be labled as false advertising?

We never received anything like that. We always had the Unreal engine version of it, and have done for a long time. The demo was 100% false advertising based on the final thing, but I think gearbox expected better of what they had planned.

was the demo shown at E3 ever actually in the game? and if so how did it get cut out?

Never in the game. Maybe in 06 that was the plan, but in terms of 'the game' that never existed. That certainly isn't unreal 3 for example, which the game is built in. That area is kind of in the game, in a later mission called hope for hadleys. You go and save some marines, but it is nowhere near as exciting as that demo.

Gearbox didnt care about the game, they spent the money from acm on the borderlands games. Look at the release dates of borderlands and when aliens was anounced, they had the other companies like timegate do the work. When they got the game back timegate had done a terrible job. When it came into sega it was **** basicaly. Gearbox only cared about fixing 'progression blockers' (things that stop a player from getting through a level) or crashes.

Can Gearbox be sued for doing this to Sega and for false advertising?
---
#10BeanBeanKingdomPosted 2/17/2013 8:59:53 AM
jmichaelbp posted...
http://i.imgur.com/2z9p9L7.gif

Don't believe Randy's lies.

Terrific movie.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.