Can we expect more from Nintendo at E3

#1sonicsonicPosted 2/17/2013 9:15:09 AM
After watching the latest ND. I must say Nintendo have gotten considerably better at getting the idea across of what their games are about, what fans are looking for and what too expect from them.

I think back to E3 2008 and it was abysmal. They also announced the Vitality sensor at one E3... and it never got released.

With the last 3 ND's we've seen complete surprise announcements FMTxSE, Super Luigi U. Nice footage of fan favourites X and Luigi's Mansion. Also a solid release date for the new Pokemon Gen... and much, much more...

I think the last 3 ND's have essentially shown up every single E3 presentation Nintendo has had for a long time. Do you think Nintendo have finally remembered how to get a bit of hype going for their games ?
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 2/17/2013 9:35:30 AM
loads of big guns in NDs = very few big hitters at e3. i'm keeping my expectations low after last year.
#3YojimboohPosted 2/17/2013 9:36:27 AM
aren't they gonna show the new Smash Bros. at E3?
---
He had no friends, this Jonah Hex, but he did have two companions: one was death itself... the other, the acrid smell of gunsmoke.
#4DDP886Posted 2/17/2013 9:36:41 AM
I wouldn't expect much from Nintendo
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#5mjc0961Posted 2/17/2013 9:38:42 AM
sonicsonic posted...
I think back to E3 2008 and it was abysmal. They also announced the Vitality sensor at one E3... and it never got released.

You say that as if people are disappointed that it never got released.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#6FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/17/2013 9:42:43 AM
we get first footage of mario kart and nintendos next 3d mario game that right there has me hyped for Nintendo's conference. Also im really hoping we see what retro has up there sleeves.
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Skyrim: Dragonborn (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#7sonicsonic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 9:45:13 AM
mjc0961 posted...
sonicsonic posted...

You say that as if people are disappointed that it never got released.

Haha of course I am upset. Nintendo is the greatest... Just kidding.

Just the fact that they actually announced such a weird piece of kit at E3. That seemed to have zero functionality with games bar Wii Fit and thought people would be excited about it ?

They've spent a lot of their conferences talking about Wii Fit, Wii Music and a few other things that just aren't interesting. Hopefully they'll be back on form, like when Miyamoto came out dressed as Link.

As someone said they've made a lot of announcement on ND, so that may mean less announcements at E3, but Nintendo wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot. I'm expecting two big WiiU announcements at E3.
#8MegagunstarmanPosted 2/17/2013 9:47:59 AM
sonicsonic posted...
Do you think Nintendo have finally remembered how to get a bit of hype going for their games ?

Maybe. They will definitely create a ton of hype this E3 simply because a ton of their biggest games are all going to be shown, but that's probably due to timing more than anything else. I imagine this E3 will be like E3 2006.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#9Bahamut_10thPosted 2/17/2013 9:51:20 AM
Nintendo Directs are NOT a good way to build hype for E3.

In case you haven't noticed based on the last 2 E3s, the expo has gone from Devs to Gamers to from PRs to Shareholders/Casuals. If Nintendo, MS or Sony have something more casual to show off in E3, they will give priority to it.

Nintendo Direct is focused on the gamers themselves. That's why Nintendo fans look forward to it so much.

Sony has a blog with similar intention.
#10userfrigginamePosted 2/17/2013 9:56:10 AM
You mean more than what they already said they'd show at E3?