How would you feel about a port of Sonic Generations?

#41Virus66Posted 2/17/2013 3:27:41 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Virus66 posted...
DifferentialEquation posted...
The game was crap. You're not missing out on anything.

Fixed that for you. I love how people are completely unable to separate their own personally feelings from things. It's garnered praise across the board. Metacritic even has it as a 77 with a user score of 8.0. 8 positive reviews, 3 mixed reviews, 0 negative reviews. How is that crap? I'm not sure if you can handle me telling you this, but just because you don't like something, it doesn't mean it's a terrible game. I don't like GTAIV in the slightest sense, but I cannot deny that it's a good game. Learn to think more objectively.

Fixed that for you. People like you really need to get over yourselves. We already knew his statement was an opinion based on the fact that it's not something that can be proven as true or false. He doesn't need to tell us. Unless someone flat out tries to claim that their statement is a fact rather than an opinion (which this person did not do), this kind of reaction is completely unwarranted. Learn to think more intelligently.

So you got so butthurt about this that you decided to message me and tell me this exact same thing. I hope you feel accomplished. And no s*** it's his opinion. He's still passing it off as fact by presenting it as such.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#42DTY3Posted 2/17/2013 5:20:47 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
DTY3 posted...
You're missing the entire point of my post. I asked why it wasn't released on the Wii if Sonic sells so well on Nintendo platforms. Anyway, Sega could have released something for the Wii. Whether it was a port of the console/pc version or the 3DS version. In the end, they are all about money so saying something like "wanting to re imagine the states in HD" was most likely PR talk to hype the game up.

Im not missing any point. I'm answering your question. It wasnt released on Wii because the Wii couldnt handle the game and because it wasnt in HD. Sega themselves have stated this. Would a Wii version have sold the most? Probably.

And even if that was just a lie, that means theyd have to outsource the Wii version like they did with Unleashed. Meaning Dimps would do it. Meaning it would suck.

But wait! Dimps was already doing the 3DS version! The game they only had 6 months to work on. They wouldnt have had time to do a Wii version.

They could have just made Generations for the Wii and ported it to other consoles and PC.....since as somebody stated "Sonic sells so well on Nintendo platforms" lol. I never even mentioned porting. I meant making it from the ground up and releasing it as an exclusive, which should have been obvious. And yes, you are missing the point. Stop making excuses.

Not making excuses...just telling you the (common sense) reason why it wasn't on the Wii.

Sonic sells better on Nintendo platforms, but that doesnt mean Wii will get every game. But the entire point of Generations was to revisit Sonic's past in HD.

So no, they wouldnt make it as a Wii exclusive. In fact, there is speculation that they tried to make a Wii version but couldnt, and the Wii version ultimately ended up becoming Colors.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#43kamikaze135Posted 2/17/2013 5:47:44 PM
DTY3 posted...
kamikaze135 posted...
DTY3 posted...
You're missing the entire point of my post. I asked why it wasn't released on the Wii if Sonic sells so well on Nintendo platforms. Anyway, Sega could have released something for the Wii. Whether it was a port of the console/pc version or the 3DS version. In the end, they are all about money so saying something like "wanting to re imagine the states in HD" was most likely PR talk to hype the game up.

Im not missing any point. I'm answering your question. It wasnt released on Wii because the Wii couldnt handle the game and because it wasnt in HD. Sega themselves have stated this. Would a Wii version have sold the most? Probably.

And even if that was just a lie, that means theyd have to outsource the Wii version like they did with Unleashed. Meaning Dimps would do it. Meaning it would suck.

But wait! Dimps was already doing the 3DS version! The game they only had 6 months to work on. They wouldnt have had time to do a Wii version.

They could have just made Generations for the Wii and ported it to other consoles and PC.....since as somebody stated "Sonic sells so well on Nintendo platforms" lol. I never even mentioned porting. I meant making it from the ground up and releasing it as an exclusive, which should have been obvious. And yes, you are missing the point. Stop making excuses.

Not making excuses...just telling you the (common sense) reason why it wasn't on the Wii.

Sonic sells better on Nintendo platforms, but that doesnt mean Wii will get every game. But the entire point of Generations was to revisit Sonic's past in HD.

So no, they wouldnt make it as a Wii exclusive. In fact, there is speculation that they tried to make a Wii version but couldnt, and the Wii version ultimately ended up becoming Colors.

But the entire point of Generations was to revisit Sonic's past in HD

If that was the case, even though they didn't develop it, they would not have released it on the 3DS. Believe the PR talk all you want. Also, your reason isn't as "common sense" as you think it is. Colors had a gimmick as did Unleashed and the other two Sonic games on the Wii. The entire point of Generations was to celebrate the 20th anniversary. And to even believe that Colors came out of not being able to create Generations for the Wii is...well...not very smart.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#44lipnox88Posted 2/17/2013 5:49:35 PM
I would love to see Sonic Modern collections with Sonic unleashed, Sonic generations, and sonic colors all on 1 $60 disk for wii U and include PS3 version of unleashed not the wii version.
---
Currently Enjoying;Kid Icarus uprising, Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Castlevania, Megaman 2, mario U, nintendo land,boycotting Ubi$oft and there garbage games
#45DTY3Posted 2/17/2013 5:52:21 PM
The 3DS version was developed by a different team.

It was also a radically different game with an extremely shot development time.
I already told you this.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
#46kamikaze135Posted 2/17/2013 6:06:33 PM
DTY3 posted...

I already told you this.

But the entire point of Generations was to revisit Sonic's past in HD.

Post a source for this. I don't keep track of marketing for games so I must have missed it when a spokesman from Sega said the whole point of Generations was to experience classic Sonic in HD.

Also, I know the 3DS version was developed by a different team, lol. What I'm saying is is the entire point of Generations was so revisit Sonic's past in HD, Sega would not give the green light on the 3DS version since it would go against what they are advertising in the first place.
---
#47DTY3Posted 2/17/2013 6:09:12 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
DTY3 posted...

I already told you this.

Post a source for this. I don't keep track of marketing for games so I must have missed it when a spokesman from Sega said the whole point of Generations was to experience classic Sonic in HD.

Also, I know the 3DS version was developed by a different team, lol. What I'm saying is is the entire point of Generations was so revisit Sonic's past in HD, Sega would not give the green light on the 3DS version since it would go against what they are advertising in the first place.

The 3DS version was (again) not considered until late and it was marketed as a celebration of Sonic's handheld success, which is why it plays like the Rush games and why Tropical Resort follows the DS version of Colors and why Sonic Rush gets a stage.
---
#48kamikaze135Posted 2/17/2013 6:12:18 PM

Still waiting on a source for this
---
#49WickedSickJoshPosted 2/17/2013 6:30:36 PM
Sonic Generations is awesome and is my second favorite Sonic game ever (1st being Sonic 3 & Knuckles), but I wouldn't buy it again. If it included new stages on other bonuses then I would.
---
Currently Playing: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (PS3), WWE '13 (360), New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
"You can't sedate all the things you hate"
#502wingedangel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 7:20:59 PM
Well.

This happened.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462